The History Of Internet

All other fun that doesn't go into either of the above categories.
shanker

The History Of Internet

Post by shanker »

Heres somethin interesting.

did anyone knew that the internet started out as a us defencse technology. Basically, in 1958, Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA) was launched and it was used to create a network called ARPANET

on that network, they had speed measured in kilobits per second and they had only two computers on it (max)

the history goes on.,,,, but i dun wanna say it and ruin the fun,,, one of da dudes knows about this say the rest and leave others to contribute too

TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Well.. all I know about the internet is some moron created it.. I appritiate it but alot of JUNK has flooded the internet and causing it to be more of a hassle than a leisure.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
pooplematic

Post by pooplematic »

even before the US Department of Defense Co-OPted the technology a small network of scientists...i believe seizmologists had created the precursor the the internet to share earthquake and volcanic data over the phone in images.
Here I am under my thinking tree, where so many free thoughts occur to me, but I notice mine's the only tree around. Because Prez said free thinking aint allowed.
chamchom

Post by chamchom »

i guess its a really cool Story
phoxchange

Post by phoxchange »

well i have no clue history of it but pooplematic u use real large words hahaha
RuneScape: Phoxey
kaos_frack

Re: The History Of Internet

Post by kaos_frack »

so what was the first site about?
what did they have there?
hello world?! :)
iPod Wizard

Post by iPod Wizard »

Well I know that Douglas Engelbart made the inventive mouse.. and the hyperlink and some other Internet stuff...
breeze

Post by breeze »

All i know is that 1951 was the year that the computer was introduced to Australia

GO AUSSIES!!!!!!!!
This is a message, a message from the all-mighty (me): You shall go here, you shall not complain: Breeze's Corner.
boyvnca

Post by boyvnca »

i dont know what year but i think may be a long time ago
Lisk

Post by Lisk »

I knew it.

Sites without server side scripting O.O !