Some Suggestions

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
Paolo1993

Some Suggestions

Post by Paolo1993 »

Make The Point System Varies From Posts To Posts, So That Spamming Will Not Get That Much Point, Like Make 3 Lines Of Posts Be 10 Points And Make A Spam posts With 3 Words For Like .50 Points Or Non At All And Actually Limiting It To 10 Post A Day Or 15?, Then Making The Domains For The .info For Like 500 Points And 1000 Points For .org And If You Accept, 2500 Points For .com.Or Pay Them 10$ If They Get 10,000 Points. It Will Make The Point System More Important. It Will Take Them 50 Posts Of 3 Lines. That Will Stop Spamming Cause They Wont Get Any Points With Spamming.
Make A Point Exchange Forum For Things Like Making Them Posts On They're Forum For Points In This Website, This Way There Is Somewhat, Let's Call It Economy On Smokyhosts. Have Some Forums That Will Not Get Them Points.

Implementing This Will Change Many Things In Smokyhosts Like How To Buy A Free Hosting, Instead Of 30 Points You Make Them Pay For 60 Points Or More. Doing So Will Have Them Post 3 Lines With Each Posts. Making It Easier And Harder. Cause They Can't Spam The Forum Anymore. And They Got Posts With Sense To Make Points But Making Them Posts Lower.

Also you will attract many visitors to the site, this will make your site have more traffic and add some ad space for 15$ each month or more.

Make The Guest Somehow Want To Register In Your Site And Get Hosting.

Have Them Refer 1 User And Make Them Posts 15 Posts. If They Are Totally Different From The One Who Referred The User. Reward he Referrer With Some Points Or Added Space Or Transfer.

Then Make The Users Rate And Review You At A Site (Which I Forgot) And Advertise This Hosting Also Cause Less And Less People Are Becoming Active. Hire Some Active Mods Cause I Can't See Any Mods Now Active. Or Hire Some Admins That Can Access The Free Hosting Server ( I Don't Recommend But If You Know Someone That You Truly Trust, Then He Can Be )

Offer Something That Other Competitors Dont Have, Maybe A Reseller Package Just A Small One Like 200mb (This Isn't Really Necessary But Other Hosts Attract FWS Users. But Have Them Put A Advertisement or They Must Pay High Points Per Month.) Or Make Them Refer X Members That Will Buy The Paid Packages (Or Free) Before They Can Get The Reseller. And Monthly Or Quarterly Have Your Members Posts Feedbacks And What They Like Or Dont Like. Its Just Like This Forum But, You'll Ask Them And They'll Answer.

Make Them Add Banners On They're Website (Graphic Banners Advertising Smokyhosts) And Google Ads And Pay Them Monthly With Points.

Make Contests That Offers Added Resources (Disk Space, Bandwith, The Lists Goes On.) And Some Other Stuffs.

Offer Packages With Advertisements But They Dont Have To Post. Doing So Will Generate Incomes. And Also Add More Packages To Choose From.

There Should Be Somewhat Something On This Site That Makes The User Wanna Come Back. Make The Forum Lively. This Forum Is What Makes Me Come back So Often To This Site. Any Sad To Say But Everyday Less And less Are Posting And Coming Back. They Just Apply For Hosting Package 1 And Enjoys They're Site. Why Not Make Room For Improvement

Oh Almost Forgot, From Which Source Do You Get Money For Paying The Servers, I Know That You Have A Job But I Dont Think It Can Cover All.

This Is Just A Suggestions, If This Makes Users Or The Admin Mad Then I'm Really Sorry For That. As A User I Dont Want This Hosting Go Down.

SqlByte

Post by SqlByte »

Are you Ok ?

Why are you writting like that ?!?! :S

I can't read this, i would but its too hard..
Paolo1993

Post by Paolo1993 »

i guess i got hang of it,
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

That was very nice of you "Paolo1993" to share those great suggestions, i am glad to have some very responsible members like you on the forums. Let me try to justify them as nicely as i can.....

I know spamming has become a headache. It makes me also mad at times to keep deleting the spam posts, but somehow till date i dont seem to be able to find a fool proof way to stop spam.

As far as giving different points for different sections in the forums is concerned, i have been thinking about implementing it, only thing keeping me from doing this was that i wanted to be sure that everything in this forums is working perfectly after the transfer from phpbb. That is the main reason i still havent allotted back the moderator rights to the members who previously had the moderating rights when on phpbb.

This idea will be implemented most probably by the end of January.

As of right now, i dont think i will still make smokyhosts.com to be a market place for points. The basic reason being that the points mod currently being used in the forums is no more being developed or supported by the author. The author of this points mod is trying to re-script the mod with different and new features, and still there is no news that whether or not there will be an upgrade path available from this version to the next.

Very soon i will be implementing the buy points with cash kind of hosting packages also, being said that, i would also like to mention that doing so doesnt mean that i am planning to stop the current ways of earning points by posting or by signing up for free offers.

I cannot make it possible to credit members for refering other members, as doing so will attract many unwanted signups in a manner that just for earning points in this manner, one user may signup from different IPs and under different usernames and email addresses.

There is no point in offering adsense ads to be displayed on users sites as i had experienced that that doesnt attract many ****, as the free hosting members usually have hardly any traffic to their sites.

I will think over your other suggestions of offering people paid advertising space on the forums and offering special free reseller hosting packages.

Currently the cost of the server is paid by money coming from many resources which include but are not limited to adsense ad revenue, free signup offers and the paid hosting customers.

Thank you once again for sharing all your ideas to make smokyhosts forums a place worth visiting.