3 problems with new reseller account

All the members needing any kind of help for cpanel can discuss here.

Moderator: Lixas

nexusman

3 problems with new reseller account

Post by nexusman »

1. System is not sending Welcome E-mail upon creation of new user. **** Resend Welcome E-mail is not working either. I'm assuming that system messages will not be e-mailed either.

2. No reverse DNS for the IP allocated to me. I also run my own DNS so I could set this up if the reverse DNS zone is delegated to my nameservers. Otherwise, I need you or your upline to set this up. This is very important because I've already confirmed that some mail servers will not accept my mails without rDNS.

3. Problem with mail server host name in greeting: claims to be non-existent host dsunix2095.nexpoint.net.

SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

I have addressed all your issues and give below is its followup:

1.>The welcome email updon creation of new user will now work perfectly, please checkup now. If it doenst work still, then please make sure to change your spam settings and add your domain name in the list for allowing all mails from that domain name.

2.>Reverse DNS settings for your IP have been configured and it would take upto 24hours to take effect.

3.>The issue with the mail server host name greeting can be ignored, it wont cause any problems.
nexusman

Post by nexusman »

1. Welcome e-mail still not working. I've opened a ticket for this.

2. OK. No PTR records yet. I'll check again tomorrow morning.

3. It wouldn't take much to correct this but I accept that it's low priority.

I like the speed of your servers. Ping times from here average 25ms - pages load fast and IMAP is quite usable. Support response times are acceptable and value for money is very good (assuming these 2/3 issues can be resolved). I'm hoping I will be a long term customer.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Thanks for that very good opinion about smokyhosts.com , i will try my best to keep up to it and keep improving our services.

Regarding the issues you have, i am also following it up and will confirm with you as soon as i see it done.
nexusman

Post by nexusman »

As of a few minutes ago I see rDNS for our server :D
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Well good to hear that. I shall take care of the email server issue soon too.

Appreciate your patience while it is done.