i want to link my domain name to my hosting sapce

If there is anything for ultimate privacy such as reporting some bugs in the control panel script or such disscussions can be done here.

Note :: Remember, if a post is not of such ultimate privacy related then it must be posted in some other forum which is visible to the open public
Itaiber2000

i want to link my domain name to my hosting sapce

Post by Itaiber2000 »

i have a domain name i own, i want to know how i can direct the domain to my site i'm building here. can i use the nameservers somehow, or there is anther way?

* Itai Berman *
Kaky

Post by Kaky »

In the domain control panel enter these nameservers:
ns1.smokyhosts.net
ns2.smokyhosts.net

The wait up to 48 hours if your registrar does not have real time server updating and then go to your cpanel over here and go to park a domain and in the form enter your domain name withouth the www and if everything is ok you should get something like "domain succesfuly parked modifying htacces and mx entries blah blah blah"

Hope this helps!!! :wink:

A funny picture -------> me , myself and i (too much for this world)
Itaiber2000

Post by Itaiber2000 »

thanks that helped alot, its working like i wanted.
* Itai Berman *
Itaiber2000

Post by Itaiber2000 »

anther question if i may, now that my domian is linked to my hosting here, could i make the two website diffrent. i mean i don't want pepole using the subdomin of the smokylougne to get to the site only by the domain. can the domain will point to one part of the site and the subdomain will point to anther , two diffrent pages?
* Itai Berman *
Kaky

Post by Kaky »

that is a more complex and different story i will search about it and let you know.

A funny picture -------> me , myself and i (too much for this world)
jeremy90

Post by jeremy90 »

Itaiber2000 wrote:anther question if i may, now that my domian is linked to my hosting here, could i make the two website diffrent. i mean i don't want pepole using the subdomin of the smokylougne to get to the site only by the domain. can the domain will point to one part of the site and the subdomain will point to anther , two diffrent pages?
yes you can! just set up a redirct in the cpanel to go from username.smokyhosts.com to yourdmain.com
Itaiber2000

Post by Itaiber2000 »

from what u say jermy is that i will redirect the main username.smokylaugne.com to my domain.com, but the domain will rediredct to the smokylounge, isnt it? so it will make a loop ther with no site, don't u think ?
* Itai Berman *
Freedom Fighter

Post by Freedom Fighter »

wah you need to do is exactly what he said above now a parked domain is diffrent form a registered one:

Registered: as in your account was created under yourdomain.com

Parked: parked is where the domain is set to you but it is not being used

now to make a parked one work you must create a subdomain and from your cpanel under subdomain select the subdomain and clcik setup redirect then type in your domain name and clcik submit. Now when somebody types in subdomain.username.thesmokylounge.com it will go to yourdomain.com and when they type in yourdomain.com it will just show the site located at subdomain.username.thesmokylounge.com.

If you need more help I sugest contacting shadmin to do it for you. Good luck
Itaiber2000

Post by Itaiber2000 »

i think i got it, i will try and i have a problem i ill ask again. thanks everybody
* Itai Berman *