Bandwidth Regulator?

Any duscussion regarding softwares can be carried out here.
Rev0lution

Bandwidth Regulator?

Post by Rev0lution »

I have a roomie that likes to download items using bit torrent is there a program that I can use to limit how much bandwidth he gets for his computer and or program so that I can still do what I want with the internet?

|| Lifes Too Short To Be Mad All The Time ||
elicoten

Post by elicoten »

I think that all depends on how things are setup. Do you have a router, or are you using Windows Internet Connection sharing or some kind of Linux NAT equivalent?

Most bit torrent clients would have somewhere in the options a place to limit how much bandwidth it is allowed to use up.

If not, I'm sure there are many software programs that would allow this to be done, a lot of firewall programs may also have this feature.

Eli
darko

Post by darko »

try searching download.com for it, you must find something intersting

Regards
darko
Darko
ihtus

Post by ihtus »

Rev0lution: i am using softperfect bandwith manager..i like it.. try it :)
beavis6325

bittorretn

Post by beavis6325 »

Bit torrent opens up tons of connections and can really bog down a cheaper router with all the active sessions. The bottleneck is usually in the uploading though, usually an ISP gives you very little uplink speed opposed to your download speed, so limiting your roommates download speed won't affect him clogging up the network. You could ask him to limit the upload speed of bit torrent to like 75% of your uplink speed. I purchased a gaming router to handle all my roomates and I and it's very nice.