Intel (again) Enters the GPU Market

Any discussion regarding hardware features as well as hardware troubleshooting can be carried out here.
Ky

Intel (again) Enters the GPU Market

Post by Ky »

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/int ... ,2253.html

Will we see an improvement in prices and competition, or will Intel monopolize the market?

thetarget

Post by thetarget »

How will Intel monopolize GPU market. Anyone who knows the inherant disadvantage of onboard GPU will sure like choose the alternative Nvidia or ATi, that group of people are growing, much like people choosing alternative browsers instead of IE.
Jason

Post by Jason »

thetarget wrote:How will Intel monopolize GPU market. Anyone who knows the inherant disadvantage of onboard GPU will sure like choose the alternative Nvidia or ATi, that group of people are growing, much like people choosing alternative browsers instead of IE.
Excuse me? What now? ... No-one in their right mind should bother considering ATI, let's be honest. :p But yes, you make a good point and I agree.

An on-board GPU I don't see working with today's architecture.
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Well I dont agree nobody would bother considering ATi. The price is cheap and it is not significantly inferior to Nvidia for gaming and home entertainment performance. Not to mention because of its color accuracy it still is a pretty strong competitor in the high end market targetting animators and graphic designers.
Alwahsh

Post by Alwahsh »

Well , due to the problem we live in these days , I don't think there will be better prices , may be better services only
I got my Power Package
My website is here
My Forum is here
:D:D:D:D
Jason

Post by Jason »

thetarget wrote:Well I dont agree nobody would bother considering ATi. The price is cheap and it is not significantly inferior to Nvidia for gaming and home entertainment performance. Not to mention because of its color accuracy it still is a pretty strong competitor in the high end market targetting animators and graphic designers.
Clearly others share this view, however, my experience (and a few College peers) find that ATI drivers are well, basically, useless.
damen57

Post by damen57 »

this could turn out any number of ways
Gebbo

intel

Post by Gebbo »

tom says hie and lol, what ever intel does, it better be good.. coz i need a new computer
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

thetarget

Post by thetarget »

off topic here:

Yeah I need a new computer too. Just spent one week testing Windows 7 on all Dell P4-and-above platforms and I realise my computer is reeeeally slow
Gebbo

Intel

Post by Gebbo »

I think we will see improvements, cant wait to see what happends!
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................