Contest Possibility - Please Read

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
Jason

Post by Jason »

Yes I get it now. :D

Some characters here to fill in for the character limit.

thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Sorry is this a contest or suggestion? Didnt really read the post, kinda 'sensitive' to huge chunk of text

If I may give suggestion, the first one will always be do NOT use 3 column layout. It is difficult to maintain and expand. And to make a 3 column layout integrate with the HTML/CSS involve is even more difficult. Unless we have some very talented graphic designer, it is going to look extremely messy.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Well I am currently using a exact size which all blocks will be able to fit in properly. This way the middle of the page can expand and the sides won't have to be worried about. I know it's not the best thing but it's the only way I know how to do it .. my skillz are not really great.

This is a contest which will be starting sometime this next week. I'm working this weekend and do not get any time off until Thursday so it isn't real easy to set up the contest stuff at the time.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
TheCrymsonLegends

I found someone to work on the website but they won't be able to start for another two weeks so I am working to find someone else who will accept the pay and may be able to set some sort of time line to get it operational. The contests here should start no later than August 15th... I ended up working Thursday through Wednesday and I am pretty exhausted so after this weekend of work I will get the things posted and open for everyone to begin their many hours of grueling labor for a small free prize... Got to love web hosting competitions eh? lol jk.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
delivi

Post by delivi »

It is September 11 and what happened to the contests, no updates, nothing going on anywhere ?????

:(
TheCrymsonLegends

The contest will still go on but I am awaiting for the site to get in a near beta stage. The reason I didn't update is because I have double posted quite a bit and wanted to not break the rules since I am a moderator lol.

Once I get a beta up and running I will get the contests running. Then they will run until the final stages of the site where the winners will get the prizes. I'm also still awaiting my bonus and the military is taking it's sweet time with that. I want to ensure I can afford the prizes before endulging into this contest full force.

The guy who is working on my site is in school and does other things, he is working as quickly as he can but I cannot guarentee any speed. Once I talk with him I will get a better understanding of when a beta will be available. Please be a little bit more patient, thank you :).
TheCrymsonLegends

The contest isn't going to happen as I had originally hoped. Someone was in the process of coding it but real life kicked in for me and I was unable to keep tabs on it's progress.

I was really hoping to get the website launched because it has a lot of merit in the idea and hopes of becoming a reputable venture. I'm still comtemplating on the site because I still want to be involved in Airsoft, but the site proved more difficult than originally intended. Sorry for those who had hopes of participating in these events, I'll work out something else for a possibility for my 4 year anniversary here at smokyhosts. Granted I still have some spending cash when that time comes around. Once again I apologize but I needed to at least mention this.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Glad to have responsible members such as you who do feel to keep everyone informed.

Wishing you all the luck so that you will be able to restart this or start some new project in the future.

To keep this thread clean, I am closing it...Any time you want me to reopen it, please PM me with reference to the thread link.