RPG ARCADE

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

thetarget wrote:A quick question. Does smokyhost permits using hostings as game servers? and/or IRC server?
Hi,
You are not permitted to use free/reseller hosting packages for game servers, but you may use VPS deals for game servers.

IRC servers or any services related to IRC are strictly prohibited from being hosted on any SmokyHosts package.

SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Looking at such a high demand, i have an idea...

Maybe i can have one very informal forums template and one very professional looking template (the professional looking one will be the default) and then maybe have RPG games embedded only into the informal forums template!

Please comment on the idea...
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Actually I think you can do that quite easily with the templates being Exactly the same and allowing members to choose the template that actually have the arcade code installed.

I suppose that would but and using the non-arcade as default will never turn away any of the professional type people.

I, myself, wouldn't really play the games. I have way too many I currently play including games inside games... Stressful. But I suppose it would make quite a few people happy, so I'd say it is worth the shot.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
iBye

Post by iBye »

Why not try it, you got nothin to loose. You wont affect the people who are here, the professional ones and you will make the gamers happy with the new arcade.
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
thecobra

Post by thecobra »

thetarget wrote:A quick question. Does smokyhost permits using hostings as game servers? and/or IRC server?
game yes(i belive) but IRC no
delivi

Post by delivi »

I dont think that people will find time playing arcade here, but it can added just for the sake of fun and entertainment but not for points.

Some neat professional methods must be got ready for attracting more professional users :)
Jason

Post by Jason »

I personally disagree with the addition of an Arcade (or the like) because it will take away the element of professionalism ...it'll attract annoying users too (as seen on other boards who will just sign up for the arcade and post, well, crap to be honest).

I agree with TheCrymsonLegends first post ;)
thecobra

Post by thecobra »

SHAdmin wrote:Looking at such a high demand, i have an idea...

Maybe i can have one very informal forums template and one very professional looking template (the professional looking one will be the default) and then maybe have RPG games embedded only into the informal forums template!

Please comment on the idea...
i like the idea
like this one who dont want arcade wont have to look at it but those who do will be able to play it
delivi

Post by delivi »

we can have the arcade as a seperate part of the site rather than a part of the Forum
thecobra

Post by thecobra »

delivi wrote:we can have the arcade as a seperate part of the site rather than a part of the Forum
yes ,why not

Arcade rules when there is nothing to do