Text is showing up white.

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
Tails5

Text is showing up white.

Post by Tails5 »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it, but I guess it fits because I'm suggesting the problem be fixed.

On my older computer (OS is currently Windows 95 w/ Internet Explorer 5 Service Pack 2) the text inside of posts shows up white. Links show up as they should, and posts outside of text. But inside posts I have to highlight the text to read it.

Please fix when possible.
Thanks in advance.

Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Hi Tails5, i am able to perfectly access the site and view its contents when i have tested it in Windowd XP, Windows Vista, and couple of Linux distros.

So as i dont see where the problem is while testing, i may not be able to fix it!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I think it's my browser, I'm going to update to IE5.5 (as opposed to 5.0) and see if that works.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

It is probably settings of the browser itself where you can change the colors of the font colors. That is the only thing I can think of. I'm not too sure of how to go and change it but it should be in your browser settings.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I've used the "Colors" setting on the browser, to switch away from windows colours. But it is still showing up white. I've also updated to IE 5.5 SP2, the latest browser supported on Win95, and the problem is still there. I don't understand it. I suppose I should try updating Win95 as high as possible next.
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

Tails5 wrote:I've used the "Colors" setting on the browser, to switch away from windows colours. But it is still showing up white. I've also updated to IE 5.5 SP2, the latest browser supported on Win95, and the problem is still there. I don't understand it. I suppose I should try updating Win95 as high as possible next.

What color settings do you have in the Settings Tab of the Display Properties? Because having too low of colors might be the problem.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I use 16 bit colours, which is 65536 available colours. On the computer it works on, I use 32bit colour mode.
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

Tails5 wrote:I use 16 bit colours, which is 65536 available colours. On the computer it works on, I use 32bit colour mode.
Maybe the color of the text is just not available in 16 bit colors? :P
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Well, if SHAdmin could tell me the hex colour code of it (I dont think its pure black) I could check it out by trying to use it in paint or something.
delivi

Post by delivi »

On my older computer (OS is currently Windows 95 w/ Internet Explorer 5 Service Pack 2) the text inside of posts shows up white. Links show up as they should, and posts outside of text. But inside posts I have to highlight the text to read it.
hi Tails5 your OS expired years before and microsoft no longer provides any updates for Windows 95 and IE5.5. I'd suggest that you upgrade to atleast Windows XP or Windows 2000 and use a standard browser like Firefox or Opera. You can also upgrade ur browser to IE 7.