User Reputation System

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
MrAlex

User Reputation System

Post by MrAlex »

Well,
In every vBulletin board there is a URS system, and I think
that SHAdmin should activate it, my reasons:
  1. See who is trusted
  2. Won't loose the sites proffesional look
  3. People will make more posts to try and earn rep (hopefully not spam :P)
  4. Yeh...that's all I got :D
Comment please.

Wont be back till Sunday!
iBye

Post by iBye »

Yeah, why not give this system a chance.
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Sounds a good idea, exactly how does the system work?
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

I really don't have an opinion on this until I know what it means...so...what is a URS System? :P
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

URS stands for User Reputation System, but I dont know exactly how it works.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

OK,
Here is an example:

In short, it allows users to give each other a 'Reputation'. This system may be used as a board members' rating. So you can find out, whether a member is respected by other members, or is he an empty flooder.
This mod also adds extra features, like altering member's titles if they have low/hi Reputation or letting members set their custom titles when they reach some certain amount of Reputation.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

If I do recall this idea had been posted in the past, I do believe it failed to make it into the forums but I do not recall why.

The only major problem I see with this system is here on smokyhosts we all manage to become family. We communicate and discuss just about everything and it's a nice portion to our internet lives. If you make a reputation system then it will end up appearing like high school where some people are more popular by only their rating/people who know them. Friends will always give each other good ratings and people who don't like others will give them a negative rating. It will turn into a nightmare in the end cause you still won't be able to know anything more than you already know.

Currently any negative **** from members or complete spam floaters are removed so if you have a conversation with someone on the forums in a post they already have the reputation. It is "Not on anyone's bad side" Which is the best reputation to have.

I, myself, do not agree with the system and think it would be more of a problem than a good thing. I like that you posted the suggestion and have put a good deal of thought into it. The final say belongs to SHAdmin, so you never know.

I honestly do not mean to sound rude in that post, I am just posting my opinion which I sometimes disagree with a good deal of suggestions. It's just who I am :P. So I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm coming off a bit rude. Thanks again for the suggestion.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Well, I can see how it would be bad, but if people used it properly it could be very good. Though I can't think of a way to enforce proper use of the system.
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

TheCrymsonLegends wrote:If I do recall this idea had been posted in the past, I do believe it failed to make it into the forums but I do not recall why.

The only major problem I see with this system is here on smokyhosts we all manage to become family. We communicate and discuss just about everything and it's a nice portion to our internet lives. If you make a reputation system then it will end up appearing like high school where some people are more popular by only their rating/people who know them. Friends will always give each other good ratings and people who don't like others will give them a negative rating. It will turn into a nightmare in the end cause you still won't be able to know anything more than you already know.

Currently any negative **** from members or complete spam floaters are removed so if you have a conversation with someone on the forums in a post they already have the reputation. It is "Not on anyone's bad side" Which is the best reputation to have.

I, myself, do not agree with the system and think it would be more of a problem than a good thing. I like that you posted the suggestion and have put a good deal of thought into it. The final say belongs to SHAdmin, so you never know.

I honestly do not mean to sound rude in that post, I am just posting my opinion which I sometimes disagree with a good deal of suggestions. It's just who I am :P. So I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm coming off a bit rude. Thanks again for the suggestion.
Well, thanks for the massive reply;) and taking your time to write it,
Well, as Tails said above, it depends on how people use it.
But its up to SHAdmin...
Thanks!,
Alex