smoky awards

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
jasondsouza

smoky awards

Post by jasondsouza »

why not give a particular period of time to all members and ask them to develop their already existing site...

Then the panel of judges the smokyhosts forums staff can give an award to the site developed on the free hosting packages.... since the page rank of smokyhosts is good.. the award willl carry a lot of value... then a seprate section on the main site should be given for the display of these fabulous sites... and a link should be provided... smokyhosts will get benefitted financially when fabulous sites will be part of its servers... this section can be named as success stories...

All in favor of my idea say i..

--jasondsouza
ME working on a very new site. (Coming soon)
Come to my web Site
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

I think that this is a great idea because I personally want to see who could beat my site. haha

The only problem is finding a non-bias group of judges that are not participating in the contest.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Good idea....

Will have it started soon...

Meanwhile maybe other members can post their opinion towards implementing this idea!
iBye

Post by iBye »

Its a great idea, both us, as free hosting customers and smokyhosts will gain something. As Flipper3 said, the judges is the problem.
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Well perhaps people could either enter as a judge, or a competitor, and there could be a limit on the number of judges, and they would have to say why they think the site they chose is better.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
jasondsouza

Post by jasondsouza »

Flipper3 wrote:I think that this is a great idea because I personally want to see who could beat my site. haha

The only problem is finding a non-bias group of judges that are not participating in the contest.
since many people liked this idea i would suggest flippers name as judge(so that he doesn't win) and other forum staff as judges... SHadmin himself can be the judge too (obviously)
--jasondsouza
ME working on a very new site. (Coming soon)
Come to my web Site
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

jasondsouza wrote:since many people liked this idea i would suggest flippers name as judge(so that he doesn't win) and other forum staff as judges... SHadmin himself can be the judge too (obviously)
Thanks, but no thanks. :P I actually want to enter in the competition since I think that my site is very nice, BUT if judges are needed then I will take on the role of a judge if SHAdmin asks me to. :)
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

This idea sounds nice but for people who work with particular content management systems with advanced themes would have an edge on appearance. They also don't require a ton of coding for development since it's basically a plug and play kind of website. I would say there should be an odd number of judges one who judges code and structure while another one judges it's looks and ease of use. The third judge would be tie breaker in case the two came to a deadlock.

But as I said with some CMS's there could be a problem with judging websites of course the ones with better themes may end up with a top notch style rating but may have a low code rating. If someone could give a better example of how to judge these websites in a way to make both CMS's and Self-Coded websites stand a fair chance against one another then I could see it working.

In my own opinion CMS's could really only be judged on code by it's uniqueness from all other websites with the same CMS. Since professionals mainly code these things it would be unfair to judge the CMS as a person's own project. So I'd love an idea of how to judge websites to give (* Admin/Forum Mods if we were appointed Judge*) probably Me, Lixas, and SHAdmin a better idea of delegating between all the websites.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!