ajax child board

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
jasondsouza

ajax child board

Post by jasondsouza »

I would like to see smokyhosts coming up with a new child board in scripting about ajax... Ajax is a wonderful tool and with google coming up with the web tool kit for ajax and you know the web 2.0 uses ajax, upcoming web designers should know about ajax...Also everyone who hasnt used ajax as yet would get a insight into it....

SO all with thumbs up for ajax can 'POST' I...

--jasondsouza
ME working on a very new site. (Coming soon)
Come to my web Site
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I agree, AJAX is very good, and the next generation of websites will be using it. It would also help those who don't know it yet.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

I don't believe this would hurt anything, as long as enough people post that it would be a great idea then I believe SHAdmin should implement this one. But as I said enough people will have to post that they would use the forums.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

I don't see a point in this since ajax IS just advanced Javascript. ajax falls under the category or Javascript in my opinion. :\
jasondsouza

Post by jasondsouza »

Flipper3 wrote:I don't see a point in this since ajax IS just advanced Javascript. ajax falls under the category or Javascript in my opinion. :\
well ajax is not only advanced javascript but it is asynchonous javascript and XML ... We all know that in smokyhosts... XML is seperately dealt with in a seperate child board and javascipt in a seperate board... well if both of these were together in one board known as AJAX people would not have to face the problem of posting in two child boards... rather it would make thei task of wrtiing ajax programs much easier....
--jasondsouza
Come to my web Site
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

For me to consider this option, you will first have to answer the below questions...

Firstly, do you people think there will be enough response if AJAX section is created?

Secondly, do you think it make sense if i edit "Javascript" title and instead change it to "Javascript and AJAX"? I think this makes more sense, so that if at all i discover that the response for AJAX is indeed a lot, then i can at any time create a new sub-forum for AJAX and move all the threads posted regarding AJAX into that!
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

SHAdmin wrote:For me to consider this option, you will first have to answer the below questions...

Firstly, do you people think there will be enough response if AJAX section is created?

Secondly, do you think it make sense if i edit "Javascript" title and instead change it to "Javascript and AJAX"? I think this makes more sense, so that if at all i discover that the response for AJAX is indeed a lot, then i can at any time create a new sub-forum for AJAX and move all the threads posted regarding AJAX into that!

I think that the second option is better since I currently don't see too many posts regarding ajax, unless a sudden **** in those posts may occur then the second option is best. ;)
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I think that eding the title of "Javascript" to "Javascript and AJAX" makes more sense actually :)
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
jasondsouza

Post by jasondsouza »

well that too would be a cool option... i feel many people in our forums wouldn't know about AJAX... The forum users are not very high profile users... So for now let us change the javascript title into JS + ajax.... that too is a nice idea...
--jasondsouza
Come to my web Site