Renew free domains.

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Every registrar needs to pay money to the tld owners. The cost of the domains are decided by them.

For example, when you register a .com domain name, the owner of .com tld decides what cost he wishes to charge the registrars. This is applicable to all other tlds as well including .net/.info/.org and almost 100 others!

TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

I suppose this idea was a failure before it ever was written, but it does show how to get people involved so many some will use it as a guide for future suggestions :D.

If you fail, get back up and try again later.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
delivi

Post by delivi »

since the .com, .net and .org domains have the same price for registering and renewal, you can offer them for free for both registering and renewal.

The points required can be placed around 1500 and this would make most of us happy :)
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Except the majority of us that don't have anywhere near 1500 points... Not even SHAdmin has 1500 posts yet.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

1500 Points would be extremely hard to get but over the period of a year I am sure you could post enough really good how-to's to get the total 1500 points but it would be something that would have to be earned really well.

Of course as a downfall there could be a high raise in spam levels that could make it a lot harder on the moderators.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!