Console Access

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
Tails5

Console Access

Post by Tails5 »

I think it would be helpful if SmokyHosts supported some console access, even if limited, because files, example: phpBB3, when I need to update I need to extract the files on my computer, and upload them all, because the file manager assumes I don't want to replace any files, and it can take anywhere between 30-60 (I upload at 6 kilobytes a second) minutes (I upload at 5 kilobytes a second) to upload that on my connection, and it would be helpful to be able to use a console to make the webserver download the file for me, even if it was limited, like you couldnt download more than 20MB at a time or a speed limit, it would be by far better than my connection, even most ADSL connections have reasonably slow upload speeds because download takes priority, with upload being about 1 sixth of the speed of downloading. (eg, 64 kilobits a second upload/256kilobits a second download).

Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Console/SSH access cannot be offered to shared hosting members due to security issues involved.

If you do need a console/SSH access, you will need to purchase a VPS package.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Okay, thankyou, I'll try to do that (atleast its cheaper than World of Warcraft!)
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti