phpBB3

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
delivi

Post by delivi »

Beta releases were not meant to be used for real deployment. they were for testing purpose only.

You can get an Upgrade to the first RC from the phpBB site and from it finally upgrade to the present RC.

Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

The upgrade wouldnt work, saying it was too old, but the new one would only go from RC5 or RC6 to RC7, but I ended up doing full file conversion with the entire RC1 files and running database_update.php then installing RC7 full files and running the updator, it works great now :)
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

For all those who have been waiting...

PHPbb group has finally released PHPBB 3 gold edition (stable edition) on the eve of their 7th Birthday!!
For further details, please refer to the press release from phpBB site.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Thankyou :) I've been waiting for this for so long :) and I just got my new domain name too :D
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Yeah I hope that Nuke Evolution upgrades to phpbb3, that would be sweet so that I can venture on it and build up a website just to rip apart later :P.

Thanks for letting us know SHAdmin.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

Wow! 7 years already? That's amazing!

Since, I haven't checked my Fantastico yet, is phpBB3 going to be added there soon? If so, how soon?
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

It will probably be added once more people get to working with phpbb3 and giving proper feedback. Then when Fantastico decides it is worth adding to the list of scripts then maybe it would be added.

If you really want it I believe there would be instructions that is easy to follow. Just download it and upload the html part and use it. I am going to test it out and give a review of what I think of it.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
delivi

Post by delivi »

great news. I wanted to use phpBB 3 in my site very dearily.

Hope the fantastico guys add it soon in their software list.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

They probably will in their next update.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Maybe you all can visit http://www.netenberg.com/forum/ (which is the official site for Fantastico) and ask the Fantastico authors to implement phpBB3 as soon as possible!