The most environmentally friendly Air plane is here!

Talk, introduce or announce any new emerging technologies that have excited you.
Stam

The most environmentally friendly Air plane is here!

Post by Stam »

US plane manufacturer Boeing has unveiled its 787 Dreamliner - the firm's first all-new jet since 1995.

It is the only big commercial aircraft made mostly of carbon-fibre rather than aluminium and is billed as the most environmentally friendly ever built.

Boeing says the 787 is much more fuel efficient than its competitors and produces 20% less CO2.

Boeing says it already has more than 600 orders. The first test flight is expected in August or September.

Sunday was chosen for Dreamliner's premiere as it is 8 July, or, in the American date style, 07/08/07.

Compare Boeing and Airbus planes

An audience of thousands were in attendance in Seattle as the aircraft was presented to the media.

"Our journey began some six years ago when we knew we were on the cusp of delivering valuable new technologies," Mike Bair, who heads the 787 programme, told the crowd.

iBye

Post by iBye »

Sounds great, Credits to boeing for their plans on at least trying to solve this earth problem.
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
Tcoo

Post by Tcoo »

I also heard at school they be the first to be allowed total in flight internet access.
sobkisu

Post by sobkisu »

Oh i heard about this plane :)
Life is only one. so don't make it complex:)
Nicke

Post by Nicke »

Airbus Beluga - I think ugliest plane ever! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmNhwqDq ... re=related
Sorry for my bad Englsh...:D
0haris0

Post by 0haris0 »

Very good plane
I like him :D