cPanel 11 in Smokyhosts

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

The update offset my MySQL databases. One of my databases ended up in another database and only half complete. My website is now crashed due to the update, granted if I would of saved the databases I would be good but... oops.

I guess it has it's advantages and disadvantages. I don't recall there being any pre-warning of this due to it updating automatically but I probably would of backed up .. nevermind I doubt it. Just want to let everyone know if you notice anything major different about your websites it could be due to the Cpanel Update.

Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

TheCrymsonLegends wrote:The update offset my MySQL databases. One of my databases ended up in another database and only half complete. My website is now crashed due to the update, granted if I would of saved the databases I would be good but... oops.

I guess it has it's advantages and disadvantages. I don't recall there being any pre-warning of this due to it updating automatically but I probably would of backed up .. nevermind I doubt it. Just want to let everyone know if you notice anything major different about your websites it could be due to the Cpanel Update.
Hi TheCrymsonLegends,
I would like to correct you there. The cPanel update shouldnt have triggered the error in your mySQL databases. It would have been triggered due to some issue with some scripting.

Coz, i bet such a reputable company like cPanel wont leave such a major bug that will cause a user's databases to get corrupted!!
TheCrymsonLegends

It hasn't been any error of mine, the website was working effectively the last time I logged on to it. Somehow two of my databases have switched the information within them and the database it has switched to has somehow lost half the data. I don't quite see how that would be a scripting error since the two databases do not share users nor passwords. I don't think anyone has gotten any access into my account either.

Nuke Evolution is also a big thing, while they do have errors I do not think any of them could switch the information from one database to another. It's a very confusing thing, I don't quite see how in the heck this is possible outside of Cpanel as no script would have access unless you program it to do just that. It's a very odd event.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

TheCrymsonLegends wrote:It hasn't been any error of mine, the website was working effectively the last time I logged on to it. Somehow two of my databases have switched the information within them and the database it has switched to has somehow lost half the data. I don't quite see how that would be a scripting error since the two databases do not share users nor passwords. I don't think anyone has gotten any access into my account either.

Nuke Evolution is also a big thing, while they do have errors I do not think any of them could switch the information from one database to another. It's a very confusing thing, I don't quite see how in the heck this is possible outside of Cpanel as no script would have access unless you program it to do just that. It's a very odd event.
Well, it does sound very strange to have such an error! Even the server logs dont show that cPanel even touched MySQL at the time of upgrade to cPanel v11!

Could you please give me a date when this error occured?
TheCrymsonLegends

I can't be absolutely sure of the date of it's occurance, but the last time before the update when I checked my website which was a little over two months ago it was fine. The site was being used and it is basically a stock version of Nuke Evolution's RC Version. I didn't get the final product before adding a couple routine modifications, so updating wouldn't of been an easy solution.

I've run a few websites with the RC version with a flawless performance. If Cpanel didn't do this then I have no clue what could of. I'll attempt to check my admin logs to see what I can find but it should of been something done over the past two months.
iBye

Post by iBye »

Argh, Im trying to install Php nuke but how do I execute it? It keeps giving me "download now" Before, you **** on it and there was a link, now ehm.
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

PHP Nuke now costs $12 dollars to get, according to their website.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
iBye

Post by iBye »

Well, they have free version, im using nuke evulotion. But how do i run that php script?
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
delivi

Post by delivi »

Tails5 wrote:PHP Nuke now costs $12 dollars to get, according to their website.
Always the latest version of PHPNuke is available as a Paid Version.

As of now the latest version is 8.1 and you need to pay $12 to use it, but the previous version 8.0 is available for free, you can downlod it from here, http://phpnuke.org/modules.php?name=Dow ... load&cid=1
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Why do they even bother charging? People will just wait till the next version comes about.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti