Forum Reorganization

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
Flipper3

Forum Reorganization

Post by Flipper3 »

I was just looking over the forums and all and thought that it all looks really cluttered and the majority of the posts are towards the top because people don't feel like scrolling down (like me).

So therefore, I believe that the forums should be reorganized to not only be a lot easier to navigate, but to look better and improve the activity AND to appeal to new members.

Well, I took the time to reorganize them a little to what I believe they should be. Please post your comments/suggestions on how to make my reorganization idea even better (this includes wording).

Hopefully SHAdmin likes this idea because I just can't stand seeing a cluttered forum. :/

Here is my idea of how to reorganize the forum:
General

Updates
Any updates, news, and announcements related to the site will be posted here.

Resources
Want to earn/redeem even more points? Well here is the place.
Sub-Forums: Offer #1, Offer #2, Offer #3, Offer #4

Introductions
New here? Create a new topic with a short description about yourself inside this forum.

Suggestions
Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.

Hosting

Hosted Members
Information and discussion for the hosted members of the forum.
Sub-Forums: Announcements, Hosted Members Discussion

Free Hosting
Here you can request hosting and get information about it.
Sub-Forums: New user's questions, Hosting Requests

Geek Chat

Computers
Lets all share knowledge on computer related stuff.
Sub-Forums: Operating Systems, Programming, Hardware, Software, General Talk

Gadgets
Have fun sharing your thoughts and reviews about your favorite gadgets.
Sub-Forums: My Mobile, MP3 Players, Other Gadgets

How To
Write your "How To" regarding anything you are comfortable with and feel that it will help the forum members.

Technology and Innovation
Sub-Forums: Upcoming Technology, My Tech Ideas

Webmaster's Talk

Site Talk
Do you have a site on our server and want to advertise it or need some ideas for a site? Here is the place!
Sub-Forums: Advertise your site, New Ideas for a Website

Site Design
Here you can show off or get help with your site designs!
Sub-Forums: Show-Off, Tutorials

Scripting
Here you can post scripts or get help with coding something from other members.
Sub-Forums: PHP, MySQL, XML, HTML & CSS, Javascript, Others

Make Money Online
Let everyone know how you can become a millionaire online.
Sub-Forums: E-Commerce, Other Ways

Other Related Discussion
Anything else that does not fit in the other sections goes here.
Sub-Forums: cPanel Help, Search Engine Optimization

Lounge

Entertainment
Talk about games, sports, movies, and music.
Sub-Forums: Games, Movies, Music, TV Shows

Holidays
Christmas, Easter, Halloween...talk about your favorite holiday!

Everything Else
All other fun that doesn't go into either of the above categories.

Archives

Programmers Lounge
Sub-Forums: Scripts, Scripts support

delivi

Post by delivi »

wow thats a great idea.

i agree with Flipper3 that the forum is cluttered. the organisation provided by Flipper3 looks neat and great.

SHAdmin will definitely consider this and make the necessary changes in the forum.
iBye

Post by iBye »

I also agree on this, Its sometimes very hard and tricky to find what you are looking for and also where to put your threads. I like the structure you have there and are hoping SHadmin will consider it.
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

Thanks guys; I put a lot of work into it.....but I know that mine isn't perfect so there must be SOME kind of suggestion/change to make.

Now we just have to hope that SHAdmin likes it. :)
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Thank you for the great suggestion regarding the cluttered layout of the forums 'Flipper3'.

As soon as possible i will get to work and reorganise the forums.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

I have somewhat of a disagreement in the cluttered forums idea. The only things I see wrong with it is the Make Money Online forum and the Holiday Forums. Holidays could show that Smokyhosts follows certain religions and with the mass number of holidays with each religion it could be a large sub-forum database to be able to cover them all. Since religion, politics, and cultural talk could spark up a controversy I'd suggest against using them in the forums. Just because the members talk about it doesn't mean a professional webhosting business should encourage any such posts which could cause arguments.

Also the Make Money Online is a good scam type of thing and even using Google Adsense or any type of ads to make money using certain types of websites couldn't prove very useful anyway. I think it's a bad idea in itself since it could be providing false hopes and dreams to making money as I doubt anyone here actually makes millions so any of the methods havn't been confirmed and would just be spam in itself.

Other than those two things I think it's a nice method to use since it does simplify things somewhat. Nice job Flipper3.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

The Forum has been reorganised to the best that i thought it would be keeping in mind the inputs from Flipper3 and TheCrymsonLegends.

Feel free to comment.