SmokyHosts New Look

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Tails5 wrote:I have a non-wide screen monitor, capable of going up to 2056 by 17-something, I've attached a split zip file to this post containing the two screenshots at 1024x768 in IE and Firefox, if they wont extract, rename the one with '.part1.zip' to have '.z01' instead, and '.part2.zip' to have '.z02' I had to rename them to that because SmokyHosts doesnt let you upload .z0? files.
Hi Tails5, thank you for your efforts, but even after changing the extension also the file seems to be corrupted.

I have increased the uploading attachment size. Now please upload the screenshots as a single zipped file.

TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Tails you can also upload the images to your account and then use the html/bbcode tags for url. See Below.

Code: Select all

or  
Then you can post the images on the board directly and if you don't want to post them directly add some more to the code for a link. The url will give a link to the pic as the img will post it directly. I'm sure you already know this but I always have a tendency to explain things so anyone else will understand.

Code: Select all

[url=http://blahblah.com/images/image1.jpg]**** here for picture[/url]
or
[url]http://blahblah.com/images/image1.jpg[/url]
or
[img]http://blahblah.com/images/image1.jpg][/img]
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
TheCrymsonLegends

Oops.

Post it using the bbcode for images or url depending on what you choose to do. Be sure to upload it to your hosting and provide a proper link. That way you can exclude the whole attachment process. Hope this is some help, and ignore my post above and if you don't see it above then there is no need to ignore it.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Okay, I've attached it, and I'm also uploading it to my website, so if one fails you have the other one. here is the one on my website I've recompressed them with Legacy Compression, so its compatible with any compressor capable of opening Zip 2.0 :)
Attachments
SmokyHosts-x1024-FF&ID-screenshot-legacy.zip
(199.57 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
TheCrymsonLegends

Yeah it seems to be a widescreen edition, doesn't look like a very clean cut for anything else.

It should be an easy fix to revert it back to standard because even for us widescreeners the themes should expand and compress depending on the size of our monitors. I really don't see how this has happened because even with widescreens it should make us scroll as well.

I would guess the width of the forums is set on a table width of 100% and the side bar would be an extra, somehow instead of the forums being set at 80% and the side bar at 20% it's remaining 100% just for normal size settings. This really confuses me, wish I could help but with any code I can alter but only if I know exactly where the code is refered to.

Thanks Tails hopefully this will be taken care of so that no one has to continue scrolling. But now that he has a better idea, give it some time before the modifications are completed.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I do like this theme, I hope it's fully fixed soon - I can view it properly on one computer, with a resolution of 1280x1024, but my other computer is incapable of that resolution so I have to scroll on it.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
TheCrymsonLegends

I'm sure he is going to get it fixed, we just have to be patient with that recent problem we just had I'm sure he just hasn't been able to get around to fixing this just yet. But I am sure it will be fixed unless he chooses to select a new theme lol. I like the change of themes from time to time, gives it a new feeling like a whole new website lol.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Thank you Tails5 for giving the screenshot.
I will fix this stuff as soon as possible.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

No problem :) If there's anything else I can do, I'll be happy to help.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

This stuff has now been fixed. You should now be able to view the forums homepage perfectly even with a 1024x768 resolution.

Also, i would like to share this tool http://www.markhorrell.com/tools/browser.html with everybody so that incase anyone else would like to check their sites under different resolution without changing the screen resolution of their computer screens, they can check it using this tool.