Download for Modules etc;

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
_MaTT_OwNz_

Download for Modules etc;

Post by _MaTT_OwNz_ »

Should make a area up the top where you can download scripts, modules for php, or anything that relates to sites. Also, where users (that like say have 30+ post that can also upload) or sumfin

like have a little forum area where users can post the script (file or what ever) to add in the download. That would make the site much betta because it is hard to find templates, PHP Modules and that.

Just a suggestion.

iBye

Post by iBye »

Yeah, the only problem is that you have to upload some script so the site attract some people and they start to upload. Arent there already sites like this? Good suggestion though.
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
_MaTT_OwNz_

Post by _MaTT_OwNz_ »

Yer but, this site offers free hosting, should also have a download thing to, and yer, people have to upload. but im willing to
and other people should be as well :) lol
delivi

Post by delivi »

there are tons of sites out there that offer the samething, but htis is a good idea
caiba

Post by caiba »

The PHP tectonic plate pattern plate has very many, looks like WIN or DZ all is very easy to use.
clubmaster3

Post by clubmaster3 »

I whould appreciate this idea!
The uploading script won´t be that difficult, there must be root access to change the maximum filesize allowed by php and set it to a bigger one, like 100mb for example.
There are sure a lot sites that offer it, but here it whould be the right place for sure and even attract more visitors:rolleyes:
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Matt are you making this suggestion for smokyhosts? Or just any website in general? If it was for smokyhosts then it should be in the Suggestions section :).

Reason I ask is because while smokyhosts offers free hosting it is hard to say how many people will want to have fun with the scripts. Edit them to make it look correct but have it do something else completely. There would be a major trust issue involved and if a member used a script downloaded from this site and something happened then the reputation of smokyhosts would be scarred, even if a member of smokyhosts posted it. Usually there are people who post script codes in the posts which will do exactly what the people want it to and with enough people looking at it they could easily say whether it works or not. I think we just need a thread for codes instead of uploading them, but there are many how-to's which give great in depth details of scripts and how they work.

Great suggestion just needs refined a little bit to give it a better chance of success. I'll chat with SHAdmin to see about getting something like this maybe work out something with Lixas to merge two threads together, granted one would lose points for a post but I will point SHAdmin in this direction.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

The thread has been moved to the appropriate location.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Thanks SHAdmin I was going to do it but I didn't know if I should of lol.

I like this idea but I feel the how-to's are a lot better as they don't only offer a script but offer information on how to accomplish them on your own. Great suggestion but I suppose it's up to what members say and SHAdmin's opinion of it.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

the how-to section is good, it will be better if it is well sorted