What is happening?

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
rockert

What is happening?

Post by rockert »

I have been very very happy with smokyhosts since i moved my sites here 1 and a half month ago but today.....grrr...there are too many hours of downtime and no anouncement, no nothing.....what is happening? x-( no one is responding to support tickets either....what i'm pissed off is that both free hosting and paid hostings (from what i have seen) are down, shouldn't these have been treated separetely or smthg like that?

Didn't saw a proper category to post this, but i am still waiting for a response! and a fast solution...this isn't fair, you know

Moreover, i hope no data was/will be lost or that you will recover my websites in a way, i don't care what way but that's my couple of months work and i don't wanna see it going down the drain!!!!!!!

iBye

Post by iBye »

Im sure they will announce what the problem was when they get the time, they are probably busy trying to fix it. Be patient!
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
rockert

Post by rockert »

iBye wrote:Im sure they will announce what the problem was when they get the time, they are probably busy trying to fix it. Be patient!
i can be patient....not that sure about my visitors tough!
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

When you sign up at free hosting then you should be aware of the fact of downtime and whatnot because well it's free. Therefore, if you have a site that you can't have it down for a couple hours because of your visitors then find yourself a better free hosting place...I for one don't know a better one, but I wish you luck in finding one.

On my free hosting I host my sites that can be down for a couple hours a week...but my more important sites are hosted on a paid hosting with a different hosting since I NEED to have that site up all the time.
rockert

Post by rockert »

and who told you i'm on free hosting here? i said that both free and paid were down and i thought those are separated...so fyi i do have a reseller account!

anyway my sites are back and nothing is lost...huge relief..phew...thread can be closed, deleted, thrown to archive, whatever you want now!
iBye

Post by iBye »

Make a backup of your entire site.
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
rockert

Post by rockert »

amongst some other sites, i also have a forum that has just started to take off and sometimes i forget or don't have enough times to make backups on a daily basis
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

rockert, please understand that now is a summer and a lot of peoples have a holidays. Please have some patience. I think that SHAdmin will fix everything soon
barnes

Post by barnes »

I've been noticing quite alot of downtime as well. I was considering talking to SHAdmin about moving into a reseller account, but this is not helping me decide to buy.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

First of all sorry for any inconvinience caused due to the total 3 hours of downtime in two different downtime incidents (one around 6:00pm GMT+5:50 on 18th of July 2007 and second at around 10:30am GMT+5:30 on 19th of July 2007)

This downtime was caused due to sudden spiking of the server load due to a user using a strange script, and since this incident didnt create any log the first time this incident happend, we had to monitor the server and wait till this incident occured the second time.

This issue has been solved, and the server is still being monitored for any such kind of repeat incident.

SmokyHosts will always try its best to satisfy all the members and I am sorry for any inconvinience caused due to such unexpected downtime.