Point System Fixes

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
barnes

Point System Fixes

Post by barnes »

I think there are a few places where the point system doesn't make sense.

For example, why is it -1 for replies in the How To section? I think people post How To's to help people, but if people run into trouble, they can't ask questions unless they want to loose points. I think people should be able to ask questions so the writers of the How-To can help out further.

There are a few other places that dose not make sense. Anyone one else want to share one?

Shahul

Post by Shahul »

I think now registrered members can't post in the how to section.. so their is no problem..

i think it is better to block all excpet admins to post replies in how to and remove that -1 from forum description..
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

barnes wrote:I think there are a few places where the point system doesn't make sense.

For example, why is it -1 for replies in the How To section? I think people post How To's to help people, but if people run into trouble, they can't ask questions unless they want to loose points. I think people should be able to ask questions so the writers of the How-To can help out further.

There are a few other places that dose not make sense. Anyone one else want to share one?

I agree; that is stupid. Maybe just make it 0, however only allow questions to be asked, not anything like: "Great how to!".
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Any reply made in the 'How To' section costs 1 point. I think that does make sense coz the one who posts will be either the one who has a question or the one who wants to help.

The one who asks a question deserves to shell out atleast 1 point to clarify his/her question.

The one who helps out is usually the author, and as a necesarry condition of the 'How To' section, it is the duty of the author of that topic to help all those who have doubts.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Shahul wrote:I think now registrered members can't post in the how to section.. so their is no problem..

i think it is better to block all excpet admins to post replies in how to and remove that -1 from forum description..
Registered members can post in the 'How To' section.
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

SHAdmin wrote:Any reply made in the 'How To' section costs 1 point. I think that does make sense coz the one who posts will be either the one who has a question or the one who wants to help.

The one who asks a question deserves to shell out atleast 1 point to clarify his/her question.

The one who helps out is usually the author, and as a necesarry condition of the 'How To' section, it is the duty of the author of that topic to help all those who have doubts.
Ok, I change my opinion after reading this explanation. The point system seems to be fine now. Image