Please encourge smart posts!

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
barnes

Please encourge smart posts!

Post by barnes »

Forums are for discussion, not stupidity. Please take some time to think about what you are typing, and try Google before asking stupid questions! Smokyhosts would be great if it wasn't plagued with awful users posting useless junk, and pointless replys just to gain points. I'm sorry, pointless posts don't deserve points. Please just take some time, form your sentences into readable things, and post worthy content!

If you support this post, please post this in your signature and help spread the word!

"Encourage Worthy Content, Down With Junk!"
(If someone has a better slogan, please let me know.)

Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

I really like this idea, even though sometimes I write kinda small posts. :\

Maybe we can have points based on how many characters were used or words or something like that?

I have been trying to think of a slogan for the past several minutes now and I can't think of a good one. :\
iBye

Post by iBye »

Haha, Nice idea i guess.

About the slogan, hard to think of one.
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
sakhan

Post by sakhan »

it's always the best idea to encourge good posters so that they can be motivated to post more great information posts
barnes

Post by barnes »

Maybe even a Karma system would be nice. You can add good karma to a person for a good post, and negative for a bad one.

Then there can be a reward at the end of the month for highest karma or something.
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

barnes wrote:Maybe even a Karma system would be nice. You can add good karma to a person for a good post, and negative for a bad one.

Then there can be a reward at the end of the month for highest karma or something.

That could basically turn into a "popularity" contest. Image
barnes

Post by barnes »

Flipper3 wrote:That could basically turn into a "popularity" contest. Image
But if populatrity is based on the content of the posters posts, then its will make SH much better then what it is now.
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

barnes wrote:But if populatrity is based on the content of the posters posts, then its will make SH much better then what it is now.
That made absolutely no sense to me. :\ Could you please rephrase/clarify it?
barnes

Post by barnes »

Flipper3 wrote:That made absolutely no sense to me. :\ Could you please rephrase/clarify it?
Well Karma could turn into a popularity contest, thats true. If it did turn into a popularity contest, the popular members will be the ones that post worth information, and thus if there is a popularity contest, there is many more people posting worth information.

SHAdmin, I'd love to hear your input on this subject. This forum needs to be reformed, and badly.