Please encourge smart posts!

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
aalmighty

Post by aalmighty »

one strategy to counter the multiple-user-karma-points situation can be to set a minimum number of points and positive karma points a user must have to give karma points. that way, we can ensure that only people with a good record of themselves are judging other people.

barnes

Post by barnes »

Thats an intresting idea, but where would the orignal points come from? If you polish that idea, it could work. SHAdmin, any updates on a good system coming along?
jasondsouza

Post by jasondsouza »

Hey I don't think it's a good idea... There should be some easy ways too to earn points .. If everything will be difficult like each and every ting would be subjected to restriction and limitations some people like the newbies to web design wouldn't be encouraged to ask for help. I've been with smokyhosts for a long time and if it wasn't for help of some people like SHadmin and Lixas it would be difficult for me to learn the things i know currently...
--jasondsouza
ME working on a very new site. (Coming soon)
Come to my web Site
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

jasondsouza wrote:Hey I don't think it's a good idea... There should be some easy ways too to earn points .. If everything will be difficult like each and every ting would be subjected to restriction and limitations some people like the newbies to web design wouldn't be encouraged to ask for help. I've been with smokyhosts for a long time and if it wasn't for help of some people like SHadmin and Lixas it would be difficult for me to learn the things i know currently...

Hmm...you have a great point there because it would make users not want to join Smokyhosts. :\
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Guys, getting points in a easy way is one thing and keeping people away from spamming is totally different. Why are you people mixing the two?
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

SHAdmin wrote:Guys, getting points in a easy way is one thing and keeping people away from spamming is totally different. Why are you people mixing the two?
Because by not "spamming"/making short posts makes it hard to get posts.
josephnm

Post by josephnm »

Making report from members would help a lot to prevent from this kind of spamming posts. However i would think this is going to increase the workload of admin.
iBye

Post by iBye »

As you said, that would make alot more work for SHAdmin and the moderators, btw. I have just seen one around. If there is only one moderator, I would consider to hire one or two more if this proposal is used.
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Bad spelling isn't quite the problem to bad posts, but when someone can't place words together in a proper order it does make it difficult for others to understand. Whilst I know many people from other languages are attempting thier best at english it makes it difficult and I personally think that I may have gone a bit overboard but I have always attempted to figure out what's being said. So no worries Jonxmartini's, I don't think mis-spelling a word could be a very bad thing.

The Karma system would be the same thing as a report system, I personally think that the report system should be utilized and when the spammers are getting eliminated then bring in the Karma system. Personally the points system shouldn't be easy anymore due to the activity level, and since buying domains is not a cheap investment I think the points need to be earned anyway since it's a good way to each that domain you get.

I would say if the report system is working the way it was intended then bring in the karma system to figure out potential moderators. It would kind of let people vote for their moderators instead of just giving them to random people. Heck, implement the Karma system to determine a few future moderators to ensure the Reporting System, the more mods then the spammers will be caught easier.

But like I said everyone should be their own moderator, use the system and help out the admins. The system is a great idea, don't get me wrong but everyone should be putting forth the effort to ensuring this problem is dealt with.

It is great to see this idea has had many people posting fulfilled posts about this, it shows that it is possible to eventually stop the spam.

You don't have to post short posts to make easy points, only 2 of your daily posts count towards your activity level so why not make them 2 posts mean something?
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!