Windows "Vienna"

Talk, introduce or announce any new emerging technologies that have excited you.
delivi

Windows "Vienna"

Post by delivi »

Windows "Vienna" is the next version of Windows following Windows Vista and soon to be released Windows Longhorn Server.

The next client version of Windows was originally codenamed "Blackcomb," though the company renamed it to "Windows Vienna" in early 2006 and to "Windows Seven" or "Windows 7" more recently.

Microsoft currently plans to ship Vienna in 2009, about two to two and a half years after Vista. The next major release of Windows is expected two years after Vienna, in 2011.

Features:

Microsoft hasn't publicly committed to any features for Vienna and the company is currently still deciding what this next Windows release will look like. We do know a few things about Vienna, however: It will include a new version of Windows Explorer that is being built by the same team that designed the Ribbon user interface in Office 2007. It will likely include some form of the "Hypervisor" (Windows Virtualization) technologies that will ship shortly after Windows Server "Longhorn". It will also likely include the WinFS (Windows Future Storage) technologies, though they won't be packaged or branded as WinFS.

Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

They actually got the name "Blackcomb" from a certain Blackcomb Resort... and alot of their codenames come from places or things in or around Blackcomb
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
noobian

Post by noobian »

hopefully its better than vista...
breeze

Post by breeze »

noobian wrote:hopefully its better than vista...
I think anything is as better as vista. Right now I'd rather have 98 installed then Vista. They'd better actually listen to complaints this time. Windows should concentrate on the operations of the computer, not the looks.
This is a message, a message from the all-mighty (me): You shall go here, you shall not complain: Breeze's Corner.
barnes

Post by barnes »

breeze wrote:I think anything is as better as vista. Right now I'd rather have 98 installed then Vista. They'd better actually listen to complaints this time. Windows should concentrate on the operations of the computer, not the looks.
Thats why I'm waiting a good 6 months before upgrading to Vista.
ag3nt

Post by ag3nt »

omg.After windows vista another windows?Lol i think microsoft needs money haha
Segman

Post by Segman »

are you sure from your information ?
i mean it's from microsoft or trusted zone or some one told you that ?
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

It is promised that it will have something more or similiar to longhorn. Hope they make their promise this time round haha
muzz@mmil

Post by muzz@mmil »

personally i thought Vista is not a better OS because M$ takes long long time to build it but it has nothing special then XP. only few new features. i think windows vienna will be still same thing like vista but with few new functions. they will remain behind Mac OS & Linux/BSD if they goes on this speed.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

ag3nt, I think you mean "another windows after vista" not "another vista after windows" and I think Microsoft's new OS will be great :p
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti