how often do you format your hard drive?

Share your knowledge, tips and tricks of your favorite Opearting System
Stam

Post by Stam »

Only when theres a problem or something

skyeagle

Post by skyeagle »

I never format the whole hard disk, just format the System partition of windows once a half year.Virus infected the system file could harm a pc, format the system partion is enough to remove them totally. I think it's useless to format all partitions.
thermal

Post by thermal »

My PC is 3 years old but still running OK without formatting once. Just regularly run system maintenance tools and keep your antivirus software updated.
sa3idy

Post by sa3idy »

i only defrag mi comp i cant be bothered formating
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I never format unless I need to, I just keep anti-virus and firewall up to date.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
Frederick.

Post by Frederick. »

Even with a good antivirus, I still end up formatting my hard drive around every 6-8 months. It is a good habit to get into.
gikian

Post by gikian »

I format my C drive almost every month, I have created a backup using (Norton Ghost), after installing windows and all the softwares i use often and changing their settings, and moving my program files, and user **** on another drive(D:) now whenever there is any problem, I just restore from that backup, as i hav saved settings and programs on another drive, i dont have to copy stuff or worry about settings, etc when restoring, and it takes only 10 mins, to start using windows as if nothing happened.
Frederick.

Post by Frederick. »

Wow! That sounds like a really cool setup that you've got going there. I will consider it as an investment and might get one for myself.
blueray

Post by blueray »

I did't format my hard drive freq. as it could be damage it.
Will format it when it come will lost clusters but can not be
recovered by some hard drive utiltiy.

I have my drive used almost 6 years but haven't re-formated it.
And all my system works without any issues.
.deimonic

Post by .deimonic »

Wow everyone hardly formats their drives. I used to format my PC every month....