Create a Shortcut to Lock Your Computer

General discussion regarding computers can be carried out here.
stephin

Create a Shortcut to Lock Your Computer

Post by stephin »

This is the exact thing that eery one needs in win-xp .

Leaving your computer in a hurry but you don’t want to log off? You can double-**** a shortcut on your desktop to quickly lock the keyboard and display without using CTRL+ALT+DEL or a screen saver. To create a shortcut on your desktop to lock your computer: Right-**** the desktop. Point to New, and then **** Shortcut. The Create Shortcut Wizard opens. In the text box, type the following: rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation **** Next. Enter a name for the shortcut. You can call it "Lock Workstation" or choose any name you like. **** Finish. You can also change the shortcut's icon (my personal favorite is the padlock icon in shell32.dll). To change the icon: Right **** the shortcut and then select Properties. **** the Shortcut tab, and then **** the Change Icon button. In the Look for icons in this file text box, type: Shell32.dll. **** OK. Select one of the icons from the list and then **** OK You could also give it a shortcut keystroke such CTRL+ALT+L. This would save you only one keystroke from the normal command, but it could be more convenient.

anupat3l

Post by anupat3l »

An alternative way to do this would be

1. Hit the windows key.. normally next to Control and before alt
2. press "L" at the same time

and Quick Logoff done :)
Flickorian

Something New.

Post by Flickorian »

I suppose you learn something new everyday. That's definitely a helpful tip for those of us who rush around all damn day.
web_master

Post by web_master »

Thanks for the useful tip.
Gyanu

Post by Gyanu »

Thanx a lot it saves my time.
noobcrewz

Post by noobcrewz »

hey not a bad idea at all, got to try this when i leave my msn chat windows.
noobcrewz.com - Sydney Shufflers!