Phpbb3

Talk, introduce or announce any new emerging technologies that have excited you.
annamarie

Post by annamarie »

never use the forum script, but always watch their update, well see whats new on the latest version

Jonxmartini

Post by Jonxmartini »

its gotta be coming soon, some people say that beta 5 is the next come others say rc1 i hope for the later but would be fine with beta 5 because that would probably not last very long. There are only 32 bugs left reported all minor. The number of bugs was cut in half in about 9 days. I think they almost have everything sorted out and the new version will go gold soon.!!!
Jayke

Post by Jayke »

I am glad that it is almost out, I plan to be one of the first to use it on a large scale website. I just hope the template system is easy to work with. So the rest...yup...I think it'll all be good.
chitresh

Post by chitresh »

PHPbb really rocks....
delivi

Post by delivi »

PhpBB3 looks more promising it has several new features that were present in IPB and vB

I'm waiting for the Final release.
Paolo1993

Post by Paolo1993 »

I WOuld Rather Use IPB 1.3 Than Betas, Beta's Security Is So Poor (Except The Paid Ones But They Still Have Security Issues On Beta). And No Theme And No Add-on (Mods) So Ill Stick With 1.3
barnes

Post by barnes »

I think the debate of the best message board software will never end, but all and all it comes down to usage. phpBB is perfect for small communitys, like clans, but when boards expand to 100's of memebers and a handful of posts a day, a more pro. board like IPB, or vBullitien may be better on both the admin and the members.

Also take into account add ons and plugins you'd like to use, and make sure all the features you want are in the package you choose.

phpBB3 will be nice, and possibly expand my outlook on it being for small communities. phpBB was very much tested, and bugs and suggestions have been collected I am sure, so theres no doubt that you'll get something better then phpbb2. If your used to phpBB2, then stick with phpBB, but if you like another package, just ignore the new release.
delivi

Post by delivi »

you can try open source forums like MyBB, SMF instead of waiting for phpBB 3
icedicicle

Post by icedicicle »

Unlike browsers, imo currently commercial forum systems (notably vBulletin) are still leagues above their open source counterparts. I have seen many small forums convert from phpbb to vBulletin as they grew bigger and could afford it. Even forums for open source projects prefer vBulletin.
haseeb

Post by haseeb »

I dont really like phpbb they have not good security as compared to SMF.
They dont have great skins as compared to IPB 1.3.
So i will stick with IPB 1.3.