Flash vs HTML

Any problem with HTML can be discussed here.
Illusion

Flash vs HTML

Post by Illusion »

How much better is flash than html? My friend said I should convert my site into flash...this is from someone that doesnt even run a site . :?

Lisk

Post by Lisk »

-imho-
pros:
easy placing, no tables
easy animations
lotsa colors

cons:
loading time
no streching
harder to do

I probably forgot many things :!:
Illusion

Post by Illusion »

Lol thanx for that lil bit...Im still weighin it but thanx for the pros and cons :)
ELRocco

Post by ELRocco »

you dont need to do tables in html you need to se css much eaisyer, and flash is harder, if you wanted just get a program like frontpage(cheapeer thenn flash) and make in there
medwebinc

Post by medwebinc »

I am new with flash and want to learn what do I need to buy (software) to create animation is there a macromedia program different from the dreamweaver ?
Illusion

Post by Illusion »

rwsm wrote:Stick with HTML. Though it isn't as flashy and cool, it loads so much faster.
yea i did thanx ...im not tryna make a professional site so i figured i should stick to simple things
Illusion

Post by Illusion »

yea i thought about the looking crappy part :D
pooplematic

Post by pooplematic »

this is an issue i have been dealing with a great deal.
when converting to completely flash it is difficult to add and edit large amounts of text.
so i have made some pages all flash sometimes html and sometimes a symbiotic mix exploiting the best
of both worlds.
Here I am under my thinking tree, where so many free thoughts occur to me, but I notice mine's the only tree around. Because Prez said free thinking aint allowed.
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

I think that html is better, because i see that people more like html than flash. My opinion: do as much as possible with html+javascript and where you realy need include flash (buttons, banners, etc). Next time it will be easier to edit your page, it will take less time for user to download. This is just my opinion
toychoq

UP TO YOU TO CHOOSE

Post by toychoq »

Flash is more powerful if ur site is promotional
Otherwise HTML is always better