Newbie - plz help me

Any problem with HTML can be discussed here.
toychoq

Post by toychoq »

little info about html basic:

here it looks like this:

<html>
<head><titile>Title of your site</title>
</head>
<body>Hello this is my site
</body>
</html>

Try this inyour notepad or text editor and save it *.htm or *.html file

in body of your code you can put some info

here are some more codes symbols u can use:

<hr> </hr> --horizontal line
<font></font>--style of ur font
<color></color> -color of ur text
here is an example how to write text (Times, 12, blue) under horizontal line in your page

<html>
<head><title>Page tutorial</title>
<body>
<hr></hr>
<font color='blue' size=12 style='Times Roman'> Hello</font>
</body>
</html>

UNDERCOVER

Post by UNDERCOVER »

if u need help mail me and i can help u
Jeries

languages focus

Post by Jeries »

Well, If you want your website to be more dynamic... you should use javascripting, and php/asp scripting...
i think that C++ may help you with the scripting knowledge.. beause evantually it's all the same.. it's just the expressions and statements who are diffrent..
you can use XML to store data.. and retrieve it.. using application like Visual basic..
ohh.. and.. C++ may be very usefull if u learn C#..
see.. today the .net framework depends on programs and sites.. so they are all fully connected..
but my recomendations are..
get an e-book after u learn the basics of each language u want..
by logging to this website.. http://www.w3schools.com i tihnk u'll find it usefull focusing on ur html knowledge, then PHP and mysql.. javascript and things.. so u can have a really good dynamic site..
with all my wished for the best to you.. :P (damn, i wrote alot)
JNRation
TimedArt

Post by TimedArt »

A suggestion: figure out what you want the site to look like first, THEN figure out how to do it. Otherwise it will end up looking like a collection of effects without a purpose. Oh yea, and good content helps a lot too.

-TimedArt
toychoq

Post by toychoq »

u can use flash animations
or GIF's
koyut

Post by koyut »

I dont think making your site full of evrything is good. Too much of everything is bad. To start of HTML, CSS, then PHP would be nice to create more dynamic fast loading pages. Remember not all of teh people who use your site have excellent connetcion and top-notch computers.
kaos_frack

Post by kaos_frack »

i recommend you to start with xhtml
because in the future all xhtml will replace html
(xhtml is very strict and there better)
so why not to start with the better one
kassandora8

Post by kassandora8 »

i want my visitors login to my website before they can access it..anybody know what should i do
kaos_frack

Post by kaos_frack »

kassandora8 wrote:i want my visitors login to my website before they can access it..anybody know what should i do
so do you mean, whoever visits your site will first see a login page?
that's not a good idea
people register your site when they find it useful
if they cannot access it then they just close it
skyline_music

Post by skyline_music »

whhooooooaa nelly. Slow down for a second and take a step back from your site. It sounds to me like you're either not really sure what you want to do, or you just don't know where to start...

The first thing you should do with any web site is plan it out on paper. Actually, that's the first thing you should do with any designing. Then, once you've got your layout (look around the net for ways of displaying information that you like) start making it in Adobe Photoshop, or, my personal favourite for web graphics: Macromedia Fireworks. If you can get your hands on (even a trial of) Macromedia Fireworks and Dreamweaver you can make a professional looking site without having to know even HTML.

And that's what I'd recommend. Once you've got it up and running, then you should start thinking about adding coding for different effects and functionality.

Don't start out too big. I've been doing this for years and planning something you don't know how to do always lands you in shit. Do some tutorials on basic web siting, then bring your page on to the interweb!