CPU FAN PROBLEM!!

Any discussion regarding hardware features as well as hardware troubleshooting can be carried out here.
amr12391

CPU FAN PROBLEM!!

Post by amr12391 »

Hello all!
My CPU fan will stop and start quite frequently.. a time ranger of 10 seconds when the pc is idle and its at 60C .. but when playing games or making the computer work the fan won't stop spinning and will stay around 50-55C.. for example.. right now my cpu fan is fluxuating between 50C and 70C within 10 seconds.. when it hits 70C itll spin like hell till its down to 50-55C then stop and so on and so on.. I know AMD has a stupid Quiet n' Cool thing, its pretty ****.. i hate it.. here are my specs below...

AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 2.10GHz
1.00 GHz RAM

THats all ya needs ta know. This has been a recurring problem with MANY MANY motherboards and video cards and RAM.. so thats not the problem

Kaky

Post by Kaky »

Try working some magic in BIOS

A funny picture -------> me , myself and i (too much for this world)
amr12391

Post by amr12391 »

i did....
In war there a only 2 things that should matter to you.

1. Your Life
2. And Your Friends/Brothers (If Any)

But... what do you do if you are surronded by nazis and your squad is almost all dead?

RUN BITCH RUN!!!
Rapboy

Post by Rapboy »

I dont know much about cpu.

But when u playing games and u want it to move smoothly is better to have a pc water cooling sys. it makes the game play more smoother.
AMC420

Post by AMC420 »

Have you tried using different fans.
I had a prolbem w/ my fans not running as fast as they should.
A new one fixed it.
darko

Post by darko »

i had this problems like 2 years ago, i simply bought a new fan, and it's really cheap, but a month ago my friend had that problem, well something similar to it, and he edited some configuration in the bios panel, and it worked fine
Darko
rwshthn

i

Post by rwshthn »

i dont know more i fan
h4cx0rz

Re: i

Post by h4cx0rz »

try use speedfan if anyhelp
locust

Post by locust »

depending on your motherboard you may be able to override your bios settings and perhaps manually force the speed of your cpu fan.
there are also other programs out there noted above like speed fan which is a windows based software which allows you to control the speed of the fans however this only works if your motherboard supports this fetaure.
rupertb

Post by rupertb »

Yeah. Bios is probably your answer. I doubt it's an actual physical thing which would make you need a new fan. You said that when the temperature reached 70C the fan would spin like crazy. It's probably a BIOS thing that you'll have to find out for yourself.