Icons - how to...

Any problem with HTML can be discussed here.
RvB

Icons - how to...

Post by RvB »

well, on a few webpages i have noticed personalized icons. i have absolutly no idea how to do this in html or any other language, so if anyone does know, please could you help me.

kharbta

Post by kharbta »

you can do it by photoshop :D :D :D if you know :wink:
RvB

Post by RvB »

i know how to make the .ico files its just implementing them into the page thats the problem, i need the html script to do it.
wil

Post by wil »

Do you mean a favicon?

If you upload the .ico file to your root directory, most browsers should automatically find it when somebody bookmarks your site. If you want to add code to your pages to make sure, you add a line of code in the <head> section:

<LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="http://www.yourdomain.com/name_of_icon.ico">
zeroraven

Post by zeroraven »

He could also mean a regular image, do you mean inserting a image into a webpage?

Code: Select all

[img]url[/img]
kharbta

Post by kharbta »

all of it is correct but you can it with photoshop and adding hyperlink by photoshop :D :D
Max

Post by Max »

The correct code is

Code: Select all

<link rel="shortcut icon" type="type of your image" href="URL of your image" />
where the type can be image/png, image/jpeg, image/x-icon... depending to your image.

(In fact, the correct value of the rel attribute is just "icon", but the deprecated IE just can't understand...)
RvB

Post by RvB »

cheers 4 ur help guys but i just took a look at a few pages with ico's on on copied pasted and edited the nessacesy html 2 get the ico 2 apear, and it did, all i need 2 do now is makem the ico as i want it. thankyou vry much for your help anyway...
hoodbroclan

Post by hoodbroclan »

how do u make the icons animated?
RvB

Post by RvB »

well i guess instead of using a ico use an animated gif of correct size. so instead of favicon.ico maybe favicon.gif but i dont know since i havnt tried it myself.