SmokyHosts New Look

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
delivi

Post by delivi »

the left colum in the main forum page causes the rest of the content from move away its place and causes horizontal scrollig in 1024 x768 resolution

SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

If anybody is using a computer with the below configuration
15" normal monitor (should not be a widescreen monitor)
1024 x768 screen resolution

please paste/attach a screenshot of the forums homepage using both firefox as well as internet explorer.

Sorry, i cannot check it up on my own coz almost all the 6 odd computers that are here are widescreen monitors :(
Rapboy

Post by Rapboy »

it looks nice, but it took me ages to find the logout button.
didnt consider looking down the pages :p
^ Total Chaos.
Hoping to reach 1,000 post one day on SH
Gyanu

Post by Gyanu »

Oo.. la la la! that's called the cool and preety forum that u had made.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

SHAdmin, I will downsize my monitor to a 1024x768 as it doesn't matter what monitor you have but the resolution. Widescreen monitors have a wider resolution to expand the image accross it. Once I find out where the horizontal scroll markers are I will edit and post it with a detailed bit of information explaining where they are seen.

I forgot people cannot edit their posts in Suggestions, which I have a suggestion. You should allow for people to edit their posts in the Suggestions Forum, hehe.

I have checked and as Delivi has said it is only in the main forums section with the Forum Info Left Column. It is pushing everything over to the right side. It seems as the theme is set at 1024x768 and doesn't have an automatic re-sizer for that left column. This has occurred on some of my Evolution themes when they should have a code to re-size the forums depending on which columns you have in the theme. I do not know where that particular code error is but I would suggest contacting the creator or just removing that left column. I know it is a good ad spot but it's causing a break in resolution and could prove of more of an annoyance than a good thing. Could contact them and while waiting for a fix remove it temporarily. You can remove my last post as I do not like double posting and not practicing what I preach.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
delivi

Post by delivi »

I've seen the overflowing only in the home page and it is not present anywhere else in the form.

I think that the site header and the forum does'nt match.

What happened to the design that u sowed us in the forum before, that was created by one of smoky host memebers.

I can help you in designing. :)
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

delivi wrote:I've seen the overflowing only in the home page and it is not present anywhere else in the form.

I think that the site header and the forum does'nt match.

What happened to the design that u sowed us in the forum before, that was created by one of smoky host memebers.

I can help you in designing. :)

The header matches the rest of the website from outside the forums. The only reason the forums do not shrink in the home page of the forums is because they are still set at 100% of the size not countering the size of the left column. When most forums are made with columns the column usually takes up 25% of the screen width and the forums are suppose to be set at 75%. It is a rather easy and simple fix but in order to do it you would have to go into the forum theme php file and reconfigure the size. Since I don't normally use VB, I cannot say where it is located, but it should only be the theme's files which need calibrated. It should be a very simple solution, maybe after it is fixed then less people will be wanting a change.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
darko

Post by darko »

the new look is very clean and very web 2.0, but there's some problem, i'm working from a net cafe at the moment and using ie 6, the template is too wide, and i have to scroll horizantally witch isnt my favorite thing in the world. Non the less it is a great move, it show that the administrators are active. Great Work

Regards
Darko
Darko
josephnm

Post by josephnm »

Me either don't like to scroll horizontally. Hope admin can consider changing the resolution. Thank you!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I have a non-wide screen monitor, capable of going up to 2056 by 17-something, I've attached a split zip file to this post containing the two screenshots at 1024x768 in IE and Firefox, if they wont extract, rename the one with '.part1.zip' to have '.z01' instead, and '.part2.zip' to have '.z02' I had to rename them to that because SmokyHosts doesnt let you upload .z0? files.
Attachments
SmokyHosts-x1024-FF&IE-screenshots.part2.zip
(97 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
SmokyHosts-x1024-FF&IE-screenshots.part1.zip
(97 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
SmokyHosts-x1024-FF&IE-screenshots.zip
(5.13 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti