What movie do you think is the best horror movie??

jeremy90

Post by jeremy90 »

The Exorcist was the scarrest

Itaiber2000

Post by Itaiber2000 »

i think the best one is the shining by stanly kubrick. it way great scare.
* Itai Berman *
mburnz

scary moments in the horror ****

Post by mburnz »

Back before cgi and all that stuff we were watching Dracula and the Hammer House of Horror stuff. Usually with Christopher Lee cast as the monster. They were all vampire related storys having a hapless hero or two, a beautiful heroine and of course Chris the menacing monster. Some time around the 60's and 70's things changed with people like Hitch and Stanley Kubrick upping the game and widening the scope of the horror genre.

These old movies were certainly passe when our local cinema started screening this old Hammer stuff at midnight on sundays. It was a cheepie and very popular with the university student who treated the whole thing as a joke. I well recall the evening when a packed auditorium of rowdy student was silenced and horrified when, at the 'scariest' moment in the movie, some wag released a live chichen into their midst. The frightened bird made an usuccessful but noisy attempt to fly through the screen and actually frightened everyone there. I have not seen a movie to beat that.

Maybe thats where the 'alien' people got that idea.. and isn't 'John Hurt' the perfect name for the actor playing Kane in that.
Strider

Post by Strider »

there are many scary movies out there.
the ring, the exorsist, castle freak...
there are some new one coming too.
SILENT HILL...
based on the computer game...
----------------------
STRIDER
desmondkok

Post by desmondkok »

i think the best horror movie should comes from Asian...I will pick "The Eye"...as the best horror movie
biskit67

scary movie

Post by biskit67 »

The ring was freaky. The grudge had a couple parts that gave me a scare. But, the first nightmare on elm street was the scariest. It came out when i was in high school, and i remember people telling me they had trouble sleeping for a week.
DJBOI

Saw

Post by DJBOI »

I actually think Saw is a good movie.. i dunno y but i do
rwshthn

i think its

Post by rwshthn »

divel die
its very scare move
and
13 ghosts
its good too
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

I believe scary movies are all based on your mind setting. I infact know that stuff like that can happen ( Chainsaw Massicure ) but other movies don't have a chance of happening. Besides I am into action and watching people get murdered so when so called "scary stuff" happends I am in for a nice laugh whistle everyone else is around me all bundled up like AHHH WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM??

I think it's pretty kool that back 10 years ago I use to lie awake fearing what would happen to me and now I can watch a scary movie and fall asleep to them. Nothing really scares me in a movie anymore.. but Candyman scared the piss out of me when I was smaller.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
mburnz

Post by mburnz »

Yes a very good point well made. I remember when I was very young going to see a 1959 movie called 'Journey to the centre of the earth'. At that time the suspense was too much for me and I had to leave. I was so frightened.
It was on TV a while ago and about as interesting and 'scary' as paint drying..