The good wife

Discuss anything about your favorite TV shows....
pp_amanda

The good wife

Post by pp_amanda »

The series focuses on Alicia Florrick (Julianna Margulies), whose husband Peter Florrick (Chris Noth), a former Cook County state's attorney, has been jailed following a very public **** and corruption scandal. Alicia returns to her old job as a litigator (after taking 12 years out to be a stay-at-home mother) to provide for her two children.[9] The series was partly inspired by the Eliot Spitzer prostitution scandal,[10] as well as by other prominent American political **** scandals, particularly those of John Edwards and Bill Clinton:
Michelle [King]: We came up with the idea about a year and half ago. There had been this waterfall of these kinds of scandals, from Bill and Hillary [Clinton], to **** Morris, to Eliot Spitzer, to name just a few. I think they’re all over our culture. And there was always this image of the husband up there apologizing and the wife standing next to him. I think the show began when we asked, "What are they thinking?" And Robert and I started talking about it from there. ... You know, what’s interesting about a lot of these political scandals is that the women are lawyers, too. Hillary [Clinton] is a lawyer. Elizabeth Edwards is a lawyer. I think that got us thinking along those lines. That is, we knew she had to go back to work, and we had so many female lawyers to draw on.[11]

WayLug

-

Post by WayLug »

all i keep thinking is that if Graham was still there, he’d have made them wait in the village for the Doctor to come and pick them up