Just do it! Do it NOW!

Share your ideas of a new website. Maybe you might inspire someone to kick off another .com boom!!

Moderator: TheCrymsonLegends

Xception

Just do it! Do it NOW!

Post by Xception »

It doesn't matter what your idea is, you should just do it. You can always come up with a better idea another day, but seize the day today, Carpe Diem! Just build it, anything. Even if it's just a personal blog with your craziest ideas that pop into your head while you are ________________.

Once you have a website up and running, you give it your all and do your best with it, show the world you can put some good content up there and make your site look cool - then anything is possible. Just get that first site up, keep it up and never let it go. Improve it when you come back to it every year if you are busy with new sites, but always keep it online. It will serve you well.

If you are really stuck for ideas experiencing developer's block then try this:
Pick something you are interested in, or scan facebook or a news feed and pick something that calls to you. Install wordpress. Write a post about this topic that interests you and brainstorm things you could do on a website on that topic. Then do some keyword research, google searching and some wikipedia research on that topic. Write another post and brainstorm some ideas you could do with your website. Then share your posts with your contacts and personally ask them to comment and offer you some feedback. Phone them if you have to, or even go over to their house and force your will upon them in person!

You have initiated a public call to action, received responses from the masses. Now respond to those comments and decide what you are going to do with your website with the help of others. Now you have the foundation for a great website, it already has content, traffic, maybe even members signed up to receive update notifications. Once you get the ball rolling, keep at it, research when you aren't sure what to do and just keep at it. Eventually, no matter what you do, you will have an active and successful website, as long as you keep believing in it and working at it.

Happy web developing!

Juniper

Re: Just do it! Do it NOW!

Post by Juniper »

Agreed - I'm always on the hunt for ideas, but I don't always have the time I'd like to build some of my ideas. I've got the programming ability, but usually lack the time to take on huge big projects, so I prefer small sites.