Replacement for mysql-> flat files and php class

Any problem with SQL can be discussed here.
Lixas

Replacement for mysql-> flat files and php class

Post by Lixas »

Hi all, i have found very interesting thing- php class that uses flat files as databases, and there is nothing to install into server. Just upload class, create dir and cmod it, and allmost u have database.
The last thing- declare new class and work with it

This replacement could be used if u have no availability to use mysql or if for some kind of reasons u dont like it or smth else.
http://www.myupb.com/fileserv/tdb.class.zip
there u can find php class and list of functions and arguments how to use that class right here: http://www.myupb.com/fileserv/tdb.funct ... .3.xls.zip

good luck
P.S. i didnt tried that class, if someone will, notify me how do u like it

darko

Post by darko »

Man, i found class in php to be very complicated, i really get nervous everytime i work wwith it, i used a couple of times, for an uploading script, plus i use flat files, and lots of my scripts, when i read the title of this topic i though, you wre taking about alternative databases, for mysql like postgresql or something, anyway....that's it

Regards
Darko
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

I have tried out this stuff, but as a part of the myupb forums script, never tried it out as a new script compatibility. And as far as the myupb forums script is concerned, this database works perfectly, has good speed, doesnt put much load on the server and parses almost instantly every thing.

Well it is a perfect stuff for those who dont want to or dont have access to use any database servers.
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

i like such type of databases because it is realy easy to transfer to other server, there is nothing to edit to connect to database, just ONLY chmod (666 or 777) one folder and so on. Maybe i'll re-create a database based web site using this class :) and i'll see how it works and what are differences between mysql and this db :D
darko

Post by darko »

well, mysql, is kind of portable, you can transfer it from a server to another, by making a backup, and installing it on the other server, if you really want to use a actuall portable database, try MS access, but off-course it's more compatible with asp, then php, but still it can be done

darko
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

darko wrote:well, mysql, is kind of portable, you can transfer it from a server to another, by making a backup, and installing it on the other server, if you really want to use a actuall portable database, try MS access, but off-course it's more compatible with asp, then php, but still it can be done

darko
ya, i know it, but for example, i have created project for other company, and they have very bad server admin, half a year he was not able to edit connection to mysql :) with this db, will not be such things