Suggestion: Make Me Admin!

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.

Make TheCrymsonLegends Admin?

I don't really care because I'm a spam bot!
50%
50%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 4
TheCrymsonLegends

Suggestion: Make Me Admin!

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Does anyone have Nishant's / SHAdmin's Email Address?

If you do PM it to me! Something has to be done about this website, who's with me in Saving Smokyhosts?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm suggesting officially that I should become an Administrator so that I can make sure that everything that needs to get done can! You guys deserve someone with answers, someone who's going to be there, and to get this shit wiped the hell of these forums. That shit being these annoying ass spam bots!

For those who don't know me! My name is Chris, I'm 24 years old and I started hosting with Smokyhosts 5 years ago! I've tried many times to get contests of my own going, but by the time I was ready.. my funds were required for other things! I was in the US Army, but I am now out of it. I've never been overseas, so don't thank me! I joined for a good cause, to get my life on track! Now, without the Army I need something going for me!

I have a plan to offer you guys referral bonuses! The more people you refer who pays for hosting, you get credits which can go towards paid hosting, domain names, and an assortment of other nifty things.

Once I am appointed Administrator, I will be electing 3 - 4 new Moderators who I FEEL are trustworthy enough to do the job needed on the forums.

WHY? Why do I want to take an Administrator Position for Free, on a website I don't even own or get paid off of?

That is simple: My coding skills are at an all time high, but they need to be progressed further so that I can overcome my handicap and complete my website! I'm about 40% Complete and this is a HUGE fricken website. I created 10 Pages already, and that's for just a News Section and a Contact_Us Section! Yeah, I'm coding it all by hand.. using small scripts from others to get the job done!

Smokyhosts use to be where I was able to come get answers for the problems I needed. The users were not harsh and everyone worked together to help each other, not required for a Post to Host community... but it was awesome.

Nishant has Real Life that he must attend to, and I understand his situation completely. He's cramming each day with classes, homework, and studying which grants him little time to maintain this site!

I want to get rid of these damn spam bots, and spark the Community back up again!

IF my suggestion is declined, then I suggest for my account to be removed.. and if Smokyhosts can't be back up at it's prime... or even look like it's trying... I know this website will fail, most people have already left and moderators (ME) have given up trying to fight against the slam of spam bots which present falsely on the community!

So, who agrees? Think about it this way, if you want something answered! :O I'll be Admin. I have nothing but time, so I can check this site multiple times a day... considering I live on my computer at the moment!

If you don't agree, reconsider! Smokyhosts needs an Administrator who is active! If you want hosting, or want to upgrade your hosting, or anything else for that matter... you need someone who can do that.

Competition failed to happen last year, yeah it isn't a requirement but everyone was stoked to see it! I can bring those competitions back, bring back the fun!

So if you agree please post and explain why!

If you don't agree, no offense but there isn't really a reason to disagree! If you are on this site... you know already that we need an Admin who can do Admin stuff!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is TheCrymsonLegends, and I officially approve this message!

Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
TheCrymsonLegends

Thank you to the person who voted, I shall accept that :P.

I wish SHAdmin would return on a full time basis. He is currently attending a University and his hectic schedual prevents him from being full time on here like he use to be.

I wish him the best of luck and hope he is able to obtain his degree, but as a Dedicated Member to this website.. I also want to maintain Smokyhosts so that he is able to do so without worrying so much about how this site will pan out.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Hi Chris, appreciate your concern and efforts to revive the community...

I have been inactive on the forums for quite some time which has brought up a lots and lots of spam and has had many of my (favorite) members leave the community... and i am responsible for this. I've been trying my best to get some time to come on the community, if not to participate, atleast to clean up the mess, but guess the amount of spam that was getting collected just kept on raising to an extent the few hours that i used to comeover a few days a month were simply not enough. Guess i have made these promisses on a few occassions before as well that i will try to be more active on the forums... i still have no option but to repeat the same.

However, on the brighter side, let me cheerup all of you onto what is keeping me busy and where is SmokyHosts going...
Firstly, Chris, I am not a university student... Am a whole time manager of Smokyhosts!
What is keeping me busy all through is planning up a few more websites/projects/services to be a part of SmokyHosts, and ofcourse continuing to do most of the coding of these new projects as that is one thing i love the most... Very soon will be spilling out these new projects to all of Smokyhosts community members.

And Chris, one thing's for sure, if any day i would look forward to have somebody share the role of an admin, you will be the first one to be approached, but at this moment, i dont think i am looking forward for this.
TheCrymsonLegends

Dude, the community has flat-lined, you are losing potential profits and honestly I'm willing to help you. I thought you were a university student because as a full time manager of smokyhosts you've slowly forgotten the entire reason you started this site.

If you don't want to hand over the role of free hosting to someone else, do a better job. I've watched countless people leave, and most the main people who use to be real active on this site don't even want to touch it anymore.

I've given countless amounts of my time in dedication to this website and how am I thanked? With SpamBots that I gave you a suggestion to prevent. What happened? You want the LOOK of activity, and honestly if I came here now I would not join this site.

I'm sick of sitting back and just waiting for shit to happen, either start being proactive and stop forgetting about us... or hand it over to someone who actually has the dedication to this free side of your hosting.

You keep saying you are planning stuff for smokyhosts, but for the last year not much has happened. You mentioned the competitions for last year's anniversary and you blew right through it.

I've got more to offer now that I am 24 and not 19 as I was when I started on this site! If you want to run the community into the ground, congrats it has already happened. Honestly, I thought you were a university student because then you actually have an excuse!

I'm not waiting around, either do something, make me Admin or I'm moving to GoDaddy, and referring anyone I know to them. I can pretty much guarantee their servers will be up, instead of having downtime a good bit on the free hosting.

No more excuses, it's either balls to the wall... or admit your failures and try to pick yourself back up to be better the next time.

You started Smokyhosts for the free hosting, committed back in the day for the community. If the paid side keeps you so busy, then appoint someone to take over as Admin for this forum. Someone who has time to actually tend to it.

I'm sorry, but I'm not deleting another **** 12 pages of pure spam... and then come back to another 12 pages. Most your community is gone, a few people still remain! Congratulations in becoming what everyone else became, a host who's forgotten where the hell they started and why they even created it in the first place.

I've done all I can do, good luck in your endeavors and I really hope you reconsider your position on that. You've been saying you would love to bring me on as Staff, well here is your chance. I will donate my time to the Free Community, I can offer a lot of potential to the free side and I'm dedicated to erratically this bullshit spam problem.

5 Years of my time Moderating this website, what do I get in return? "Oh, I'm sorry, but I really don't have that much time to consider your option!"

I've tried very hard to be a loyal member of this community, be a good moderator, and aid in the progression of the community and your potential earnings. A bit of your paid hosting has come from your free hosts, nice to see this go in the toilet too.

I'm done with being polite, I'm done with wasting my time. Either make my time worth something, or remove everything and block me so I never ever consider coming back to this website!

Edit: I'm offering a solution so you can dedicate more of your time towards what you are trying to do for the website. I know you have a paid side, and I'm trying to be sympathetic towards that but you need to see it from our side.

If I am made Admin, I can handle the free hosting side. The forums would be revived and I can push ideas to you and I won't feel like I am being taken advantage of. Also you can take whatever time you need and won't feel like you are forgetting anything.

I can bring back most of your favorite members, but if something isn't done you are definitely going to lose me too. 5 Years is a long time to put into something and be shunned each time I try to help out. Everyone wins if I am made Admin on the Forums! I've already sent you my conditions, which if everything pans out I can eventually start paying for the VPS and still Administer the site until you are able to return on a more frequent basis.

I'll send my conditions again, if you turn them down and remain sparse on the forums.. That will be the last straw, I'm not battling an un-beatable battle.
TheCrymsonLegends

You can delete this if you want! No point in having this posted for everyone to see. I apologize for my snap, just was going insane trying to figure out how to get my hosting.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Wow... would never wish to delete this thread... was a really good way to wake me up that forums and free hosting are also a part of SmokyHosts!!
TheCrymsonLegends

Sounds good. But do you really want your paying customers to see this? Wouldn't it be a bit unprofessional?
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Thats fine... It doesnt matter... For now i'll just lock this thread.