The "Off-Topic" Game

All other fun that doesn't go into either of the above categories.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Yeah, anyone can do it, but I think it's more expensive internationally, you might want to find out if there's something like this in your country first. But if you want it, the link is http://www.open.edu.au/

Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Yeah i think that is a problem. My place need one of those services and many more shopping websites. It is very difficult to get any product online, even pizza is slow when ordering online.
Jason

Post by Jason »

thetarget wrote:Hey Jason, you doing Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD)?
Not been asked to just yet, so no. I've simply done some tables and used arrows and lines to show their relationship.

Well I've been busy trying out new web applications and doing College work. I do pop in every now and again but things are quiet for some time here so I leave it a couple of day's for things to liven up. I was also waiting for that damn scrolling ad to go away, now that it has I should visit more often.

So is it warming up for everyone else? The U.K is starting to warm up now. We had our first bit of Sun on Wednesday. :P
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Man it's been a while since I have been on. I went to drill and took my laptop but on the way back it got soaked in Shampoo so I am working on salvaging my rather expensive purchase :(.

I use to do online college through Westwood but the instructors don't even know what the heck they are teaching. Sent a file in a Computer Programming course in a .zip file and the instructor told me to send it outside a .zip file cause he couldn't open it. So I dropped out of that course.

I was going to take Architechural Engineering but I'm trying to find a career that I am not stuck behind a desk working my tail off so some other people can get rich as hell off of the work I do. I'd prefer to do some random job for the rest of my life lol.

I'm actually on the hunt for a job but I don't really know what I want to do. I don't want to work at a Fast Food junk spot but meh I'm kind of getting desperate for a job. The same with a career course through college, I have not actually decided what I want to do in life and need to start pushing myself to get something done.

Thanks for listening to my junk lol.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Eh, I don't think it's junk :P
I've already planned out my career, but it might not work that way in the end. I'm planning on making loads of computer programs, and fixing people's computers without cheating them like 99% do. Example: They claim they have to format the entire computer to fix it, when in reality, it's just so they don't have to fix anything :p
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Tails5 wrote:Eh, I don't think it's junk :P
I've already planned out my career, but it might not work that way in the end. I'm planning on making loads of computer programs, and fixing people's computers without cheating them like 99% do. Example: They claim they have to format the entire computer to fix it, when in reality, it's just so they don't have to fix anything :p
Hey lol. First of all I'm not trying to bash your dreams or make you change your future plans. However, take this: of all the people I know, no one has ever follow their "planned" future. There is too much changes and temptations in life and sometimes (most of the time) you will be forced to make concessions.

But if you really can do it, then congrats. You are the first person that I have heard to achieve it.
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Jason wrote:Not been asked to just yet, so no. I've simply done some tables and used arrows and lines to show their relationship.

Well I've been busy trying out new web applications and doing College work. I do pop in every now and again but things are quiet for some time here so I leave it a couple of day's for things to liven up. I was also waiting for that damn scrolling ad to go away, now that it has I should visit more often.

So is it warming up for everyone else? The U.K is starting to warm up now. We had our first bit of Sun on Wednesday. :P
Sounds like ERD to me, mini one maybe.

Woah you mean you havn't seen the Sun for a long time?
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

thetarget wrote:Hey lol. First of all I'm not trying to bash your dreams or make you change your future plans. However, take this: of all the people I know, no one has ever follow their "planned" future. There is too much changes and temptations in life and sometimes (most of the time) you will be forced to make concessions.

But if you really can do it, then congrats. You are the first person that I have heard to achieve it.

Yeah, I realise that it's not 100% certain, but I sure as hell am going to try, I mean - I'm already starting University for it (which reminds me, I have an assignment coming up)
Jason

Post by Jason »

thetarget wrote:Sounds like ERD to me, mini one maybe.

Woah you mean you havn't seen the Sun for a long time?
Simple one then. :P

Ha! Indeed. I am in Britain.

Well I've just popped on to see how things are going. :) I've started using my hosting space to host a proper website (a personal one) and I'm rather proud with it, I am maintaining it and the lot. :D Good to be maintaining a site again.

Now I just need to get on top of my College work and get a job.

@ TheCrymsonLegends, was the online course based in the U.K? That sounds like a British system. :P (A tutor not knowing what their doing.) The U.K education system is a joke, in most cases. :rolleyes:
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Just so you know. MIT made its educational resources accessible online for free.