Web Robot? Help Needed

Moderator: Lixas

silent_slaughters

Web Robot? Help Needed

Post by silent_slaughters »

Hello bloggers,
I was wondering if someone would lead me in the right direction please.

I want to create a web robot, something like an email, (but not a simple form). I want this robot to catch usernames and send them a message. Like an "auto-msg" tool. Something that would enable me to send a message to.. all my friends on a forum, or all the members on a website. Could you please let me know if there is such a program that does that, or which languages I will need to learn and the difficulty level of the project once I learn those scripting languages. Also, if this is a fairly simple project but there are no available programs- if someone could help me create this it would be greatly appreciated. =)

Note: This is not intended to be a "spam-bot", it's more of an "invite-bot".

thank you for reading,
I'll await your reply

Gebbo

Web Robot

Post by Gebbo »

silent_slaughters wrote:Hello bloggers,
I was wondering if someone would lead me in the right direction please.

I want to create a web robot, something like an email, (but not a simple form). I want this robot to catch usernames and send them a message. Like an "auto-msg" tool. Something that would enable me to send a message to.. all my friends on a forum, or all the members on a website. Could you please let me know if there is such a program that does that, or which languages I will need to learn and the difficulty level of the project once I learn those scripting languages. Also, if this is a fairly simple project but there are no available programs- if someone could help me create this it would be greatly appreciated. =)

Note: This is not intended to be a "spam-bot", it's more of an "invite-bot".

thank you for reading,
I'll await your reply
You can find out tutorials on http://www.pixel2life.com =P
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

silent_slaughters

"pixeltolife" just from the title, sounds more like image help site, dealing with things like photoshop and flash. However, if there is a tutorial for what I want on that site, could you please forward me to that exact tutorial- otherwise that sites useless.

I got a little more information on how this can be done and I need a PHP expert, and it uses an apache server. Unfortunately I don't know any php experts =/
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

php would really help you in this case, but (i guess) it's not easy to make such program
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Not the mention the amount of leadtime use to process each page per visit.
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Sorry, I havn't finish.

It is best to know where do you want to put the script in?
When is the script activated? During visit or during posting? During login/logout or during registering?
silent_slaughters

I want to run it from my computer- it's not per visit or anything- it will be going down the members pages and doing what it's supposed to ^ would you like for me to explain it in a bit of detail?
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

try to check this http://www.noviway.com/Code/Email-Crawler.aspx here is a program that you can download with a source code that you can edit and add what you need
Gebbo

**** To Life

Post by Gebbo »

silent_slaughters wrote:"pixeltolife" just from the title, sounds more like image help site, dealing with things like photoshop and flash. However, if there is a tutorial for what I want on that site, could you please forward me to that exact tutorial- otherwise that sites useless.

I got a little more information on how this can be done and I need a PHP expert, and it uses an apache server. Unfortunately I don't know any php experts =/
Yeah the name might sound a bit odd but belive me its pretty good, just scroll to the php section and then it will give a list of all the different categories.. Just **** on what ever you need.. It also offeres help for programmming and other things!
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................