What happened to Points?

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
delivi

What happened to Points?

Post by delivi »

ever since the new forum layout has been set in, I've noticed that there has been no increase in the points. Has SHAdmin disabled the points system??

If points are disable, how does SHAdmin want us to get points??

Lixas

Post by Lixas »

with points everything is ok, ive posted test thread in PHP forum and my points increased by one point. Probably there is something else wrong...
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

I want my points back! You thief!

Just kidding. :P

It's working here; maybe SHAdmin just doesn't like ya?
josephnm

Post by josephnm »

there are certain sections that doesn't add point, maybe you had posted on that section? i would suggest you pm admin to check your point status. i believe it is traceable. :)
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Points are working perfectly for me, make sure you post in a forum that says "Points per post: <number above 0> Points per reply: <number above 0>"
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

The Points system now is only given when you post in a section which gives you points. In order to keep hosting you just have to be active and not get so many points a month. It is an easier way to allow people to continue hosting and fight off the need for spam on the forums.

If you post in any section which says REPLIES:(*Random Number*) you will notice your points raising.

Points are only needed to begin hosting and pay for rewards so it is only fair to make people earn those points :D.

Hope this is of help.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
delivi

Post by delivi »

I didnt find the number of points for in each section, so i thought that it was removed.rest assured :)
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Points system is perfectly active and even the points per section is clearly displayed on the forums homepage for each and every section where points are incremented/decremented.

What made you feel that they are disabled?
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

SHAdmin wrote:Points system is perfectly active and even the points per section is clearly displayed on the forums homepage for each and every section where points are incremented/decremented.

What made you feel that they are disabled?
I think he's been away for a while and when you come back to this website to a new layout sometimes things seem completely different. Since we now have the activity level I think he just had a bit of confusion, but it seems as he now knows :).

Delivi I'll say this from my point of view but the Activity level is much better than the old points system. You don't have to watch anything or make sure you get enough points to continue hosting and if you post twice a day for 5 days you usually make enough activity for the month. :).
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!