Some Questions

Any problem with javascript can be discussed here.
limpeh-behsi

Some Questions

Post by limpeh-behsi »

Ok, I've saw that we can make a chat room with Javascript, correct? And Javascript is totally different from JAVA (except the 'java' :P ) correct? And, if compare Java with C++, Java is more suitable for beginner right? So I wanted to know, is it possible to make a 'game' that people can move around and 'chat' with Javascript? If it is possible, where can I find tutorial for this?

PS : You may want to know why I ask about Java and C++, its just used to let myself more clear with your answer while I am asking question for Javascript :P

rwshthn

ok

Post by rwshthn »

ok i want java for flashes shown the ip and who visit some link cant see it again and java make the web browser be beg more and more
Jonxmartini

Post by Jonxmartini »

limpeh-behsi wrote:Ok, I've saw that we can make a chat room with Javascript, correct? And Javascript is totally different from JAVA (except the 'java' :P ) correct? And, if compare Java with C++, Java is more suitable for beginner right? So I wanted to know, is it possible to make a 'game' that people can move around and 'chat' with Javascript? If it is possible, where can I find tutorial for this?

PS : You may want to know why I ask about Java and C++, its just used to let myself more clear with your answer while I am asking question for Javascript :P
You mean like habbo...i think that would probably be hard to create have your tried googling it at all?
raina

Post by raina »

Finding it on google is too hard ....
rohan2kool

Post by rohan2kool »

if u talk of 'games' there are many types of games you'd like to make. If it's something like a simple word game or something you can obviously make it using XHR.

if u want something like a 2D game with a few sprites moving here and there.. u can combine XHR [for the multiplayer part of it] and make some images move here and there using other javascript techniques. But in case you want to make a 3D game or something like that then it is not so easy AS OF NOW. By 'now' I mean, you'll have to use exisiting technology to make the game... which is not really ready enough to handle a thing as big as 3D rendering.

The future has promises though in the form of the 'CANVAS' tag. It is being developed as a part of the Web Applications 1.0 Specification by WHATWG and Google also has a canvas emulator which they have released. Try searching on google code for that. Also search on digg for 'FPS in javascript' for the last one month... benjamin hoffe made a Delta-force sorta mock up of a point and move prototype which shows what the canvas tag can actually do.
mfrna

Post by mfrna »

I guess Java applets are more suitable for creating such stuff

although I have seen some javascript games,but I haven't seen a javascript chat at all
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

Class: AJAX driven simple chat

http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/3213.html

this PHP class generates javascript that is used for creating chat. Your server must support PHP to use this class
I've tried it to install to one of my site and it's realy working, by the way, MySQL database is also required
sazabi

Post by sazabi »

limpeh-behsi wrote:Ok, I've saw that we can make a chat room with Javascript, correct? And Javascript is totally different from JAVA (except the 'java' :P ) correct? And, if compare Java with C++, Java is more suitable for beginner right? So I wanted to know, is it possible to make a 'game' that people can move around and 'chat' with Javascript? If it is possible, where can I find tutorial for this?
First, I haven't seen any chat room make by pure javascript. It is common created by php, or other server side scripting.

Second, Javascript is totally different from Java.

Third, for my own experience, C++(concept of procedural programming) is easiler to learn than Java(concept of OO). BTW, for the beginner, visual basic is more easy to learn.

Fourth, I have experience to write a game by using javascript and svg, and also, write a chat room by using javascript, svg and php with mysql. However, it seems that we can not write a game to chat with other without using server side script(e.g. php). As we chat in the internet, we need a middle man(server) to help each other to communicate each other, right?
Gyanu

Post by Gyanu »

any body can provide the free chat room
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

Google is your real friend. Use it instead of asking such questions in forum.
By the way, GYANU, you are spamming a forum and i'm angry on you