free .com domains?

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
Bulletproof

Post by Bulletproof »

i think this is a great idea!
Lets see what the admin thinks of it

silverpower

yea

Post by silverpower »

yea :p should be better
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

OMG... I think your taking from the food pantry and going back to ask for more. He's offering FREE webhosting... and FREE (cheaper priced) Domains... WHAT IN THE WORLD MORE CAN YOU ASK FOR? You should be thankful for what you have and enjoy it. Like I said you are getting free stuff yet begging for more.. if you want a .com name. GET A JOB, or PICK UP A CHORE and make money to afford them. If you take this offensive then your only proving the point that I am right and you find it offending. So think about it.. enjoy what you have because it's a good thing.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Jayke

Post by Jayke »

TheCrymsonLegends wrote:OMG... I think your taking from the food pantry and going back to ask for more. He's offering FREE webhosting... and FREE (cheaper priced) Domains... WHAT IN THE WORLD MORE CAN YOU ASK FOR? You should be thankful for what you have and enjoy it. Like I said you are getting free stuff yet begging for more.. if you want a .com name. GET A JOB, or PICK UP A CHORE and make money to afford them. If you take this offensive then your only proving the point that I am right and you find it offending. So think about it.. enjoy what you have because it's a good thing.
I somewhat agree. He does need to make funds in order to pay for it all and keep the site running. I been a customer, I bought two domains through SmokyHosts, so far I claimed no free item.

But I can see the point of some people like I, we don't have the funds and we CANNOT GET the funds. If you are under 18 this world makes it near impossible for you to even shop online, espically if your parents are over 35 years of age, they think the internet is for dummies, and kids who go to jail.
Bulletproof

Post by Bulletproof »

TheCrymsonLegends wrote:OMG... I think your taking from the food pantry and going back to ask for more. He's offering FREE webhosting... and FREE (cheaper priced) Domains... WHAT IN THE WORLD MORE CAN YOU ASK FOR? You should be thankful for what you have and enjoy it. Like I said you are getting free stuff yet begging for more.. if you want a .com name. GET A JOB, or PICK UP A CHORE and make money to afford them. If you take this offensive then your only proving the point that I am right and you find it offending. So think about it.. enjoy what you have because it's a good thing.
Yea ur probebly right.
Sry mr admin... :(
TheCrymsonLegends

I'm not an admin.. I havn't changed my Signature. I use to be Assistant but didn't have much time to take the job. But I understand some people can't get the funds which would point to a problem in the beginning. Free hosting programs are here to help those who can't get the funds to get the hosting they require, but a .com name isn't really a need. If you need hosting a free domain name with any extention should sufice. .com is more of a want so your domain can "look" better. There is absolutely nothing different with a .info or .org extention and more websites are using extentions like this. The only reason .com is so expensive is because of the "demand" of the extention. Once a different domain name is of "demand" then .com names will probably go down more in price.

If you can't afford it, probably shouldn't attempt it. Once you can afford it then request it but it's only my opinion that this site has offered more than many other sites and has been a success for 2 years so appritiate what you can get.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
delivi

Post by delivi »

I agree with CrimsonLegends, if you need a domain for your free webhosting account the .info and .org would suffice. If you want a .com domain I'd consider that you want to get everything for free, but I'd always disagree with this because all the best things in life are not for free. If you want a more professional and custom domain you've to opt for paying it.
iBye

Post by iBye »

I'm not saying that everything should be free, but this is a suggestion thread.

About free .com domains. It's a nice idea but they are expensive compare to .info. They are NOT expensive if you pay yourself, its about $10/year. If you got a page, and your tired of the .info domain, common. It's worth the $10 to get that .com domain for a year.

Btw, is there a .org for free? If yes, why can't you use that insteed of a .com?
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
TheCrymsonLegends

Thank you for agreeing with me. This is a suggestion forum but as for any suggestion I have mentioned plenty of times you have to realize and understand that some suggestions are just bogus.

For other suggestions they seem like a great idea but there is nothing supporting why they should be implemented. For a host to give out 100s even thousands of free .com domain's would rather BREAK them. They would go broke instantly. In my humble opinion there are enough freebies handed out as you don't really have to do very much at all to recieve the free rewards. 2 Years ago when I started there wasn't very many freebies and it still progressed into a very nice host.

If you could find a way to evenly position the free .com names with a source of income to allow the host to provide such rewards then you may find it could happen. But as far as I am concerned I believe many people think there is a fine line between wants and needs. If I have offended anyone I am sorry but as an ex-assistant admin I am still inquired to ensure my hosting never gets terminated due to suggestions that could cause such a downfall.
anish

Post by anish »

nice idea it is cool.