Alternate source for points required

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
delivi

Alternate source for points required

Post by delivi »

Hi Admin most of the users will not signup for the offers because they dont want spams, so i'd suggest that you can provide us some other offers. or you can even give us point for our posts, but not for the number of posts but for the content. The bigger the post is the greater the points. You can also remove points for spamming, and also no points for posting the copied contents from other websites. You can also award points for a few contenst that you can conduct periodically.

Jonxmartini

Post by Jonxmartini »

I dont think theres is an easy way to have this done automaticly. This means that admin will have to check each post individualy or have a mod team do it. While i agree that those thing to sign up for are spamy and secuirty compramising to say the least. I dont thinkg your idea would work out to well either. Unless you have a way of doing it?
iBye

Post by iBye »

I think this is a great host and a great system. What do you mean by "spam" You mean when you register at sites for the points? Well, just delete and put them on your Ignore list. Free hosting is not free for SHadmin and he need money. He probably get some for the advertising he is running on this site.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Let me tell you the basic reason why i changed the PointsPerPost system....

Basically the problem was, in vbulletin, the only point system that is nice and most advanced is the vbbux. But the basic problem of it was that though it gives points per post, but if i delete a post due to spamming, it doest subtract that many points automatically, so i had to subtract it manually by editing the member's profile. This became too much a job. Since i offer incentives (free hosting and domains), and since i want to keep the forums as qualitative as possible, i cannot allow any kind of spam, so that means giving double the work to first delete the post and then delete the points given to that post, which needs a lot of my time, and i cannot afford to put in that much time everyday just checking the forums.

Now coming to the spamming topics, amongst all the "free to signup" sites which have been put up for earning points, only two of them i think might spam you. But both of them offer you an option in their member's area whether or not to recieve mail, and even how frequently you want to recieve their mail. And i think you guys can stand this much trouble atleast to recieve the free hosting and/or free domain names.

If you have some more ideas for recieving free points, do let me know, and i can then see into the possibility of implementing it, but PointsPerPost will not come back due to the above reason.
bannerbiz

Post by bannerbiz »

i have a idea for reciving free points...more offers
BannerBiz Exchange Network

New promoting forum.. http://www.bannerbiz.info/forum -> place your ads in your signaure(html- adsence,adbrie,obeus etc.). More posts more impressions/****'s you get to your ads..
mfrna

Post by mfrna »

yep, more offers would be great

what if I can fix the vbbux system,would it be back to work?

if you like the suggestion please send me the files associated and I'll do my best(if they are not encrypted of course :D)
delivi

Post by delivi »

SHAdmin wrote:Let me tell you the basic reason why i changed the PointsPerPost system....

Basically the problem was, in vbulletin, the only point system that is nice and most advanced is the vbbux. But the basic problem of it was that though it gives points per post, but if i delete a post due to spamming, it doest subtract that many points automatically, so i had to subtract it manually by editing the member's profile. This became too much a job. Since i offer incentives (free hosting and domains), and since i want to keep the forums as qualitative as possible, i cannot allow any kind of spam, so that means giving double the work to first delete the post and then delete the points given to that post, which needs a lot of my time, and i cannot afford to put in that much time everyday just checking the forums.

Now coming to the spamming topics, amongst all the "free to signup" sites which have been put up for earning points, only two of them i think might spam you. But both of them offer you an option in their member's area whether or not to recieve mail, and even how frequently you want to recieve their mail. And i think you guys can stand this much trouble atleast to recieve the free hosting and/or free domain names.

If you have some more ideas for recieving free points, do let me know, and i can then see into the possibility of implementing it, but PointsPerPost will not come back due to the above reason.
I agree with you SHAdmin, i'll try to find a possible solution for you, that will keep both you and the members happy.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

mfrna wrote:yep, more offers would be great

what if I can fix the vbbux system,would it be back to work?

if you like the suggestion please send me the files associated and I'll do my best(if they are not encrypted of course :D)
You can get all the required details of the vbbux mod at http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=171