paid hosting account down

All the members needing any kind of help for cpanel can discuss here.

Moderator: Lixas

tinyjpeg

paid hosting account down

Post by tinyjpeg »

So I got my paid hosting account up and running fine last night but I have not been able to access port 80, ftp or cpanel at all for the last 12 hours, sort this out or i'm going to have to get my refund! Oh yeah the server ip is 72.36.161.165.

philwill30

Post by philwill30 »

Dude, Chill out. When I first got a hosting account here, it was before SHadmin got new servers, and it was down at least once every day. After he got the new servers, It got much better.

Downtime is an expected thing. Sometimes more than others. If you would have read the terms and conditions you would have seen that no one promises 100% uptime. Servers are hardware, and sometimes need fixed. and If you just signed up for it you still have a month to get things straight.

My account- chiefcornstalkdistrict.com- is down as well so don't just think I am shooting the breeze here. These are the BEST hosting services on the web. You cannot get any better, trust me, I have looked.

So while your site is down, make plans for it, or, if you use a program to edit your site, make few changes, write a few articles or lines of code. Just wait patiently, it will almost definitely be back up within 24 hours of the incident. If not then something really bad happened and its taking SHadmin a long time to fix it.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Hi,
My apologies to both of you for the downtime. The server was perfectly online and you could still access it via the IP address. There was problem with our dns server due to which you couldnt access your website on port 80. The solution took little more than expected because i wanted to ensure that this problem doesnt happen again.

Sorry for any inconvinience.