ACID2 Test

General discussion regarding computers can be carried out here.
elicoten

ACID2 Test

Post by elicoten »

Check this out. Is your browser capable of rendering 100% CSS compatible or are there anomalies in your browser's rendering. As far as I know, so far only ICab and Opera 9 (not yet released) are capable of rendering this correctly.

Link: http://www.webstandards.org/files/acid2/test.html

Any information here please.

iPod Wizard

Post by iPod Wizard »

Yeah it doesn't work.. says
Standards compliant?

Take The Acid2 Test and compare it to the reference rendering.

On FireFox.
elicoten

Post by elicoten »

Ermm... you didn't actually take the test did you. If you are seeing that you have to **** on "take the test" - the first part of the sentence allows you to perform the test. You see a yellow thing and "hello word".

**** the reference rendering to see what it should look like.

Hope this clears up the confusion
iPod Wizard

Post by iPod Wizard »

Yes now I see a yellow thing that says Hello World, now what? I'm using FF btw
elicoten

Post by elicoten »

You have to compare it to the reference rendering. **** on the reference rendering and you will see what it should look like. If it looks different then your browser failed the ACID2 test. Firefox 1.5.0.1 currently fails. Internet Explorer is a joke - it doesn't even resemble what it should look like. Opera version 8 is getting there and as I said in my last post, version 9 apparently passes the test (although it hasn't been released yet)
boyvnca

Re: ACID2 Test

Post by boyvnca »

elicoten wrote:Check this out. Is your browser capable of rendering 100% CSS compatible or are there anomalies in your browser's rendering. As far as I know, so far only ICab and Opera 9 (not yet released) are capable of rendering this correctly.

Link: http://www.webstandards.org/files/acid2/test.html

Any information here please.
it just picture, how it work??
elicoten

Post by elicoten »

There are two parts - the 'test' part and the 'reference image' part. Compare the 'test' part to the reference image part. They should look the same.
Phantasmagoria

Post by Phantasmagoria »

They don't in FireFox. The test has the image distorted a lot from what it's supposed to look like.