My experience on how to create a clean website~

Share your ideas of a new website. Maybe you might inspire someone to kick off another .com boom!!

Moderator: TheCrymsonLegends

ya_ch_yv

My experience on how to create a clean website~

Post by ya_ch_yv »

Since I'm applying American graduate schools, I need to create a clean and informative personal website to describe myself. I'll put everything I've done related to my application on that website.
The most simple choice to build a blog-like website is no doubt wordpress. It's very easy to download and install on a Cpanel, which is omitted here
Choose a good theme is very important, based on which you can further alter the codes and achieve the result you like. The theme I currently apply is called Mon Cahier. It has very clean and simple display and also very clear codes.
A very useful free plugin I'm using is Associated Posts Lite, which can relate each post with each page. Therefore, you are able to have multiple post pages.
What I've done to the code is:
1 deactivating all the widgets and changing the width of the main coloum
2 deleting the code to hide the author and publish date of each blog
That's it. FIY, my website becomes http://yachyv.thesmokylounge.com/wordpress. It's only a rudiment and I haven't put every on
If you have any advice or problem, welcome to reply this post~

fanlei

Re: My experience on how to create a clean website~

Post by fanlei »

very useful indeed! thx~~
ya_ch_yv

Post by ya_ch_yv »

Hi~ You can share your experience with me too~ I know you want to apply a master degree in America too~
frencyfrancis

Post by frencyfrancis »

Hi ya_ch_yv
Did you have any former experience with wed designing / development or did you start from scratch? Any tutorials that you would recommend?
VictorLeigh

Post by VictorLeigh »

If you are using Wordpress and you want to create a clean-looking site, there are many themes that will do just that for you. Go to install new themes and search for 'simple' or 'minimalist'. Those themes are basically bare-bone themes, where the emphasis is on the content not on the looks.
DesmondTib

-

Post by DesmondTib »

Im trying to create my site, how do you come up with the layout and content, how many pages,etc, etc,etc. Did you do this on your own or did you use a service.
I welcome any ideas...thanks