How To make a scene select button?

Write your "How To" regarding anything you are comfortable with and you feel it will help the forum members.

NOTE :: All threads started here will appear only after the approval from Administrator
anish

Post by anish »

The scene select button enables whoever is watching your movie to navigate more easily through your movie instead of having to go through your whole movie to get to the good part of your movie. This is a very useful tool and many people use it. If you would like you can also use this code I gave you and use it for your play button as well.

First of all open up flash and make a rectangle or a circle of what ever you would like. Then make it a Button (you can make it a movie clip if you really wanted to like make it like an animated button.) Now **** on the button(or movie clip) and press F9 to open up your action panel and copy and paste this in

Code: Select all

on(release){
_root.gotoAndPlay("first");
}

Ok see the first in the brackets? That can be anything you want but you have to remember what you put in there (REMEMBER YOU MUST HAVE THE QUOTATIONS IN THERE OR IT WILL NOT WORK!!!!!). Now wherever you want to start when you push the button you have to find the spot you want it and when you have found a frame you want to start it at you put a keyframe there and you name it. So go to properties and you should see a white box and light grey text inside that says <frame label> here is a picture.

So now that you have labeled the frame you should see a red flag like the one in my picture. So all you do for scene select is make a bunch of buttons with the code that I provided above and change the name inside the quotations(WITHOUT BACKSPACING ON THEM) to like second or something.So heres another example

Code: Select all

on(release){
_root.gotoAndPlay("second");
}
(Do not change them to numbers like 1st or 2nd because I don’t think that will work) So now that you made a bunch of scene select buttons you much match them up with the frames like we did with the first one. You do not have to have it first or second that’s just the way I do you can name it whatever you would like but you would have to change the frame name also.

I’ll explain the code because I feel like it

on(release) {
This is simply when you let go of the left **** thing on your mouse
_root.gotoAndPlay("second");
Starts at the root directory and looks for a frame name that is called what ever is in the brackets and in this case its second
}
This bracket is a terminators

I hope this helped you guys out.

SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Your account has been credited 30 points for sharing the how to.