Apple I Phone

I believe that iPods are like a new generation for music!!
emsplanet

Apple I Phone

Post by emsplanet »

There ever been a more hyped invention than the iPhone! But iPhone is one of its kind. According to Apple iPhone makers, their mobile music, communications and web-browsing device was more important than fire, the wheel and the Roncomatic Nose Hair Trimmer put together. But its finally available in the US, and despite boasting some amazing innovations, were not blown away.
With an industrial design and hardly any boring old buttons, its a monolith amongst mobile phones; a slice of design wizardry worthy of Apples glorious tradition. The hotly-anticipated touchscreen is as wondrous as hoped, even if its glass front makes you want to wrap it up in cotton wool. You manipulate it with natural movements; a pinching motion for zooming in and out, a **** up or down for fast scrolling and single and double taps. Typing takes a bit of practice the keyboard is small, so mistyping is easy, but software thats like predictive text 2.0 means that accurate typing isnt always required to get perfect spelling.

For Mobile Users:

This is, of course, a phone first and foremost. Call quality is clear but a bit muted, with no static or dropouts. When you get a call, the iPhone displays the caller if theyre in your contact list. With visual voicemail, a list of chooseable messages means you can decide who you listen to first your mates, the office, or the man in London who has some very exciting news about replacement double glazing.

Whether youre listening to music or checking email, when a call comes in, you can take it and when its over get back to work without losing your place, or any data.

As with the iPod, the iPhone battery cant be removed. It lasted about seven hours in our continuous talk test, with music playback clocking in at nearly 23 hours and videos a few minutes over six hours. All pretty good.

Entertainment & YouTube:

The quality of the 3.5-inch screen is terrific; you can easily enjoy a two-hour movie or your fav youtube vedio or buy stuff on GadgetsGuru. Colour bursts from the screen, and text detail is also some of the best weve seen on a phone.

You browse music by skimming through CD covers with your finger iTunes drops the art in for you, although its image database is by no means exhaustive. Sound quality is generally good, although you may not be surprised to learn that the supplied earphones arent amazing. As good as the cover-browsing is, its not a match for the iPods **** Wheel if you have a large amount of music on board.

Sync Perfection:

The iPhone works seamlessly with Mac and Windows (though not with 64-bit Windows). You use iTunes to manage your data, tunes, videos, photos, and bookmarks. Its also compatible with Address Book, iCal, and Microsoft Entourage on the Mac, on Windows, it works with Microsoft Outlook.

Be selective about what pictures, music, podcasts, and videos you put on the iPhone. Weve already half filled our 8GB iPhone thats with 205 photos, 333 songs and podcasts, and two movies, one iTunes movie, the other ripped from a commercial DVD.

WWW:

The browser on the iPhone is excellent when connected via Wi-Fi, displaying web pages in their full glory, not WAP versions. Theres no need to squint to read text, just double tap or use a pinching motion to zoom in or out. However, theres no support for plug-ins such as Flash bad news if you want to view a lot of online video, for instance.

The greatest flaw of the iPhone, though, is the 2G EDGE network that it lumbers you with, although a 3G version is expected to come in India. Running at little more than dial-up speeds, it kills your browsing experience pretty much stone dead.

Supported email services include Yahoo!, Gmail, .Mac, and AOL. You can also enter settings for non-webmail services. You can view HTML emails, but you cant mark spam, and there is some lag when typing mails.

Wi-Fi generally works well, although isnt as fast as on a laptop. Bluetooth is severely limited, though. It can only be used with a phone headset, not to transfer files, sync, or listen to the iPod via Bluetooth earphones. The iPhone headphone jack is also recessed, preventing you from using some chunkier third-party earphones without an adaptor unfortunately, these tend to be the better ones.

The iPhone is elegant and exciting and the first device in a long time that weve had a hard time putting down. However, with Flash and network issues, the non-replaceable battery and the lack of 3G, its not the all-conquering, do-everything device wed hoped for. Apple has some serious kinks to iron out before this hits other parts of the world starting with adding 3G support and no Locked phones specially in India.

Tcoo

Post by Tcoo »

ya my friend has one but once it gets scratched it looks ugly
Ky

Post by Ky »

AT&T and Starbucks have partnered. Now iPhone users get free Wi-Fi in starbucks. Not sure if that makes the iPhone any more attractive.
Gebbo

iphone

Post by Gebbo »

Tcoo wrote:ya my friend has one but once it gets scratched it looks ugly

Well your friend needs to take better care of it ;) had one for months myn aint scratched :D
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

jasondsouza

Post by jasondsouza »

Gebbo wrote:Well your friend needs to take better care of it ;) had one for months myn aint scratched :D
that's true... people don't know how to take care of their things and complain that it looks ugly when its scratched
--jasondsouza
ME working on a very new site. (Coming soon)
Come to my web Site
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

My GBC is still in great condition, never got scratched once! I'm sure I could take just as agood a care of an iPod or Zune
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
aolko

Post by aolko »

iPhone is ugly,non-professional shit
Freedom Fighter

Post by Freedom Fighter »

Hello again. Please notice you are posting in really old forums.
also the sewering is not necessary.
normy8994

Excellent!

Post by normy8994 »

I support u .it is first to be announced by the fans of the andylau