Car Driving

Talk, introduce or announce any new emerging technologies that have excited you.
Tcoo

Car Driving

Post by Tcoo »

Soon we'll all wont have to drive anywhere thanks to sony. Since the ps3 new processor can handle tough stuff. Someone is using linux is making a program that can make an suv drive to a destination. Now the only problem is that it cost about I think $400,000 us dollars just to get the hardware and the all of the world isnt mapped to use the software. Lets hope for this in the future.

moralx

Post by moralx »

if its not on securing rails, like trains, im a little freaked out about all the possible accident scenarios.

m
Tcoo

Post by Tcoo »

that why their working out all the bugs, and it wont be long before test versions of it are released
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Even I doubt even Cell can't handle that much real time sensory input..

In a simple and common engine blow-out situation in a expressway, a driver would need to slowly steer it to the road shoulder, looking left and right to keep out of the other way of other vehicles.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

The car couldnt detect certain scenarios which would cause a crash, I just dont see it as practical
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
damen57

Post by damen57 »

The only way it would even be a smart idea, would be to have it completely flawless. Impossible to have accidents while on auto-drive.

It would have to detect any engine problems before they occured and pull over, stop and disengage.
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

I'd say we do not have the resources yet, but it will definately be available in our lifetime, say 15 more years? The idea is not bad, and I can go further to say that in the future, when there are just too many cars and too many accidents (but mainly because of the too many cars part), the whole network of transportations will be controlled by virtual inteligence.

Yeah I know what your thinkin', i-Robot. It's possible.
Alwahsh

Post by Alwahsh »

it will be nice , but only if it is a gift !
I got my Power Package
My website is here
My Forum is here
:D:D:D:D
Gebbo

Car

Post by Gebbo »

Tcoo wrote:Soon we'll all wont have to drive anywhere thanks to sony. Since the ps3 new processor can handle tough stuff. Someone is using linux is making a program that can make an suv drive to a destination. Now the only problem is that it cost about I think $400,000 us dollars just to get the hardware and the all of the world isnt mapped to use the software. Lets hope for this in the future.
I dont see how this would work and even if they did work out all the bugs, there are some crazy people on the road.. Too many scenarios can happen and i doubt they can predict all of them. Sometimes things just happen which are unpredictable which is why that project will FAIL!
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

Ky

Post by Ky »

I think the $400,000 is for the impression it’s working, I highly doubt any Sony executive would want to ride in a pilotless vehicle.